Chapter 1

- Elizabeth -
I remember it clearer than anything else.
Possibly because it was the first thing that I could remember. Like it was my very first memory, as if everything else had been... Erased.
My eyes burst wide open, but I can't tell why. All I know is that it's dark and I was gasping for air, and almost everything I had known was gone. My breath steadied and I tried to remember... I couldn't. I couldn't remember anything. Everything was all simply forgotten... My name, my friends, my family, where I was... I can remember some things, like time and language and stuff like that. Possibly some other random thing, but I really don't know- just that I can't remember anything, anything about myself. I looked at the clock to see what time it was- 11:00 AM.
I think I should be up by now. I think I should be getting ready now. But for what? How do I get ready? Am I doing something today?
I cry out in frustration.
I was having trouble with the concept of getting ready, but I just got out of bed and walked into the kitchen. I stood there for a moment- there was absolutely nobody there besides me. I stood there clueless for a moment until I heard a knock on the door. I turned quickly and walked over to where the sound was coming from and couldn't figure out what to do. I heard a voice.
"Elizabeth?"
I jumped at the sound. Elizabeth? Am I Elizabeth?
My mind was racing with possibilities until I heard the voice again.
"Elizabeth. It's Sean!" And Sean knocked again. I grabbed the doorknob, and jiggled it a little bit, twisted it around, and bam- I heard a click and the door opened a crack. I saw a boy standing there- Sean- and he smiled at me. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't remember anything until the word came to my mind.
Amnesia.

A.N.

AH SHORT CHAPTER I'M SORRY
Well, I'm so excited for this book, honestly am more excited about it than any other story I've started :o
I hope you liked it! Until next time,
-Misty <3