Chapter 9

- Elizabeth -

This is perfect.

It's just me nuzzled up against Will with a beautiful orange-to-purple sunset over the beach. And it's really... Perfect. These first couple days of my new memory have been amazing, and all the people I've met are amazing.

Especially Will.

He's just... Different. I feel like I've known him forever, but in reality I've really only known him for a couple days, but I've really gotten to know him and he seems really great. We talked on the way here about each other, about what he remembers about me and about him and just about us. It was honestly really nice.

But I still feel bad for Sean... He said he doesn't care but I would be upset to see someone being taken away from them.

I want to be with Sean as much as he probably wants to be with me, but I just can't. Things are different, I'm different now. It was all a thing of the past and I can't control it now.

"We should probably head back if we want to be home by the time the sun goes down." Will says. I'm snapped out of whatever trans I was in and slowly take my head off his shoulder.

"Yeah, I agree."

We stand up and I start walking; Will rolls up the towels and runs them back to the beach shack as I wait for him by the boardwalk. He walks back up to me and we begin walking to the house.

-----

We get to the house and Will stops me.

"Can we take another picture?" He asks nervously.

"Of course!"

He pulls out his phone and opens the front camera. I smile for the picture and he puts his arm around my shoulder. I lean my head against him as he snaps the picture.

"Send that to me." I say. He nods and sends the picture to me as we walk back into the house.

- Will -

We walk back into the house

"Hey! Welcome back." Sean greets us as we walk inside. Elizabeth replies with a peppy 'hi' but I just stand there and grin like an idiot.

"How was it?" He asks.

"It was good. It was really pretty." I say as I take off my jacket and shoes and put them by the door.

"Well that's good, we were just about to play a board game." He replies. Mark snickers.

"What?" Sean retaliates. "We make a living playing video games, we should try something else for once." He finished with a chuckle.

"What game?" Elizabeth asks.

"Monopoly. Teams of two."

"I'm down. I'll be on a team with you." She says to Sean. Maybe she feels bad for him, but I do too. His face lights up when she says that. That makes me feel good, but also a little bit jealous. I shouldn't be... She's probably just trying to make it up to him.

Make up for something she couldn't control.
Oh well, I suppose it is what it is.
We walk over to the dining room table and sit around it; Zach puts the board on the table and everyone grabs their game pieces. I'm on a team with Jordan and we're the shoe.
Knowing how competitive we can get... This game may take a while.

A.N.
WOW DOUBLE UPDATE kind of it's kinda 1 AM on Sunday but I don't consider it tomorrow until I wake up and I haven't fallen asleep so in my mind it's still Saturday. what a run-on sentence. I felt bad for just doing a tiny short update for my last one so here's a little longer one!
Don't forget to vote, comment,  recommend and check out my other stories if you're feeling generous, maybe give me a follow? I love you so much and thanks for reading :]
-Misty