Wanna Be a Master!

"This place is cute," Ash noted, looking around the Laverre Gym.

Giovanni hummed an agreement, though he hardly found things cute anyway. His view of 'cuteness' was limited to Ash.

Ash squealed and grabbed his hand, heading towards the store inside the gym that held what apparently were several dresses, kimonos, and furisodes designed by Valerie, the gym leader.

"These are really cute, Giovanni!" she exclaimed, examining one in particular that was Pikachu-based. Obviously, Pikachu agreed and approved of that particular kimono.

Giovanni was already running the outfits through his head, with Ash in them, and slowly grinning (he would not admit it was lecherous at all -well, maybe partly. Mostly, his 'cuteness' viewing was finally activated at the moment, and he found that he would definitely enjoy seeing Ash in all of the outfits and thought she'd look cute and pretty in all of them).

He was more than sold when he saw a Persian-designed yukata that he immediately strode towards and grabbed. He headed back to Ash and put it in front of her, startling her by his suddenness. Persian let himself out of his pokéball from Ash's belt, purring in delight and approval.

"Will you wear this?" Giovanni asked, staring at her intently.

"Your lechery is showing again," Ash snorted. "Figures you'd be a Gijinka-lover."

"Am not," he sulked, taking the yukata and cradling it to him. "And I don't even know what a Gijinka is."

Ash smirked at him, giving him a playful look. "Oh? Then maybe I should surprise you and cosplay for you one of these days."

She laughed at him lightly, walking away to continue perusing the store. In the meantime, Giovanni glanced down at the yukata and nodded. It was settled. He was buying it. Persian nudged his leg.

"I'm buying it," he reassured his beloved pokémon, who nodded in content.

Pikachu tugged at his pants leg insistently, and he looked down to see the electric mouse pokémon looking at him in discontent and pointing at the previously looked at Pikachu kimono. He laughed and patted his head.

"Of course. We'll get that one too."

Giovanni grabbed it and carefully placed it with the other, before looking around.

"Is that a Mew one? I like that. Ash would definitely look cute in that, wouldn't she?" he hurried over to it, with Pikachu and Persian coming after him.

He lost track of time and was only brought to attention when he ran into Ash, who looked at him in amusement.

"Having fun?" she raised an eyebrow and glanced at the pile of dresses in Giovanni's arms.

He waved dismissively. "I have more at the counter. They're holding it for me."

Ash gaped at him, more so as she looked around him and spotted more piles of clothes where he said they would be and the salesgirls all looking rather taken aback.

"Are you buying the whole store or something?!"

"I just found a lot of them that I thought you'd look cute in," he said defensively. Persian and Pikachu made agreeing noises. "Although the Persian and Pikachu ones are probably my favorite of the bunch. The Mew one comes pretty close though..."

Ash shook her head, before digging out something from her pocket and showing it to him. He blinked and stared in surprise. It was the Laverre Gym Badge.

"When did you get that?" he asked baffled.

Ash gave him a look. "While you were busy shopping. It's been at least an hour since we first got here, you know."