The Empress Strikes Back

Wulfric wiped a cloth down his slightly burnt, soot-covered face. He grinned widely at the couple as he roughly patted Pyroar's head.

"Damn good girl, you've got here," he complimented Ash.

"She is," Ash agreed wholeheartedly, watching on fondly.

"That'll be one snow battle that might actually never be forgotten," Giovanni rubbed the back of his head as he took a sip of his coffee to warm up. "Who the hell has a snow war for a badge? The whole city was pulled into it too."

"My loyal, loyal soldiers," Ash smiled wildly, looking over out the window where everyone still was...some of them still strewn out on the snowy ground or across something. A few others were just gathered around and talking, some laughing as they were covered in blankets and drinking their hot drinks.

"I should do this more often," Wulfric thought about it. "It's more fun to battle this way, change things up from the everyday pokémon battle."

Giovanni sweatdropped, but Ash nodded.

"You should," she agreed.

Just then her phone buzzed and she took it out and saw she had a message, finding it was from Looker. Eyes widening as she read the message, she turned to her husband.

"Giovanni! Looker says Lysandre's getting ready to kick things into gear and start his plan. We need to hightail it back to Lumiose City and stop him."

Giovanni sputtered, nearly choking on his coffee. He quickly placed it down and got up.

"What are we waiting for?"

Wulfric stopped them though. "Hold on a sec. Before you leave on whatever mission you need to go on, here's your badge!"

Ash giddily accepted it and kissed Wulfric on the cheek.

"Thank you! Bye~" she ran out of there, scooping up Pikachu and recalling Pyroar. Giovanni was on her heels, recalling Persian as well.

They left behind a bewildered, slightly blushing Wulfric, who thought that day was going to be one of the most memorable one he's ever had, as well as those two being unforgettable. Although, looking outside, he doubted he'd be the only one.

~*~*~

"Snowbelle City's Epic Snow War! Just hours ago, the city of snow in Kalos erupted into a fervor, locals being drafted to side with either Wulfric (the city's gym leader) or the couple who started the snow fight, most specifically an Ash Ketchum who fought against Wulfric with a badge on the line."

If Oak could do a spit take, he would have. Fortunately, his grandson was there and did the spit take for him, spitting out the soda he'd just taken a drink of.

"What the hell? What is that dork doing over there?!" his grandson exclaimed about his former rival.

"The whole situation started as the couple were already clearly in a snowball fight, which evolved into letting the kids join as they came to them and asked to join in. Eventually, locals of all ages started to join, until Wulfric noticed the commotion and decided to declare an all-out battle against Ketchum, who agreed if it was over a gym badge. Locals were then further drafted and taken into each side, and then the war began."

"And what's this about a couple?" Gary gaped. "Ash isn't with anyone like that, and there's no way anyone would want to be with a dorky loser like her anyway!" though he sounded slightly jealous, and Oak thought that the two had already resolved their differences and became friends again a long time ago, before Ash set off to Sinnoh or something...

Although he knew the two affectionately still name-called each other, he had a feeling about Gary right then.

"Um, Gary, she's married," Oak revealed.