Mr. Telephone Man

You know, she was pretty damn surprised at how much she actually got along with the boss of Team Rocket. Honestly, she expected to be ridiculed every day, all the time, and that the two of them would be constantly bickering and at each other's throats.

That...wasn't the case.

Aside from the fact he could get really egotistical and arrogant, he wasn't a bad person to talk to. His constant stream of sarcasm was actually kind of funny to her, and he really did adore his Persian (she couldn't express just how much she enjoyed the fact a man like him was such a huge cat person, even if it was only Persian). And surprisingly, despite her assumptions he treated all pokémon horribly, his own pokémon were taken cared of and groomed to perfection.

She also couldn't complain about having a ride. It wasn't the usual thing for her on a journey through a region, but she couldn't say she missed the blaring heat while walking, the long walks from place to place, or getting lost. Oh Arceus, she had to say how much she loved his air conditioning.

"Your hair is going to get eaten up," Giovanni said wryly.

Ash hummed something, ignoring him as she plastered her head right next to the AC vent. She definitely enjoyed this part of traveling in a car, even if it was with Giovanni Rocketto.

It made her want to be a rich bitch like the bastard next to her.

"We passed by Santalune Forest awhile ago, so we should be coming up on Santalune City pretty soon. Ready for your match?"

At that, Ash shot straight up, slamming her back against her seat as she stared at him wide-eyed.

The bad thing about going around in a car? The lack of time and opportunities to catch pokémon, and she technically only had Pikachu to battle with. She scrambled around her chair to face Pikachu in the back.

"Pikachu! I'm not ready! How am I only going to battle with you? I haven't caught any other pokémon!" she was starting to hyperventilate.

Giovanni stared at her from his side. He sighed and parked the car, and tapped her shoulder.

"You know, technically my pokémon are currently your pokémon at the moment. Why don't you use them?" he asked her, inwardly rolling his eyes.

She hesitated. "I just...Usually, I go to each region and start new, with just Pikachu. I catch pokémon from each region, and start from the ground up."

Giovanni hmmed, going over that heavily in thought. "That's actually rather impressive, since you practically start on a blank slate each time and go as far as you do with a new party of pokémon each time. Most trainers don't bother with replacing an entire party, and usually keep most if not all of their pokémon. And that's if they go on to another region. The truth is, not many do and stick to their own."

Ash watched him, tilting her head as she listened closely. Criminal or not, he had been a Kanto gym leader, and he knew a lot of things, especially being so smart in general. Even being the Rocket Boss, she realized she should listen to what he said (and honestly, being the Rocket Boss meant he would definitely know a lot more about pokémon and everything else).

He shrugged. "Why don't you just go for it? Don't you want to win a league for once? My pokémon are willing to fight for you in the gyms, so go ahead. Don't worry so much about the schematics. And catch as many Kalosian pokémon as you want afterwards."

She bit her lip, but she really, really wanted to win. She was tired of being so close, but losing out just as she was almost there. And looking at Giovanni's face practically egging her on, she felt herself crumbling.