Be Good

Giovanni wasn’t sure what to say or do. His three most stupidest (if loyal) agents had just implied that they believed that he was married. That they had, despite him saying not to, sent in the marriage certificate to be processed officially, instead of sneaking it into the offices to be placed into the records.

This was a nightmare.

He couldn’t believe these three! Of all the idiotic things they could have done, messing up on this was the worse. And there was still -

He looked over at the sleeping girl on his couch.

Shit.

There was no way in hell he could let her know what these idiots had done. The marriage was fake. She wasn’t so bothered by it if it was fake. If she found out that they were really married...he could just imagine her reaction. She would be chasing after him in a heartbeat, and not in the way he wanted her to. He’d find himself six feet under if he or these three ever let slip the truth.

He quickly strode over to his…wife and waved a hand in front of her face, and gently shook her shoulder. Seeing no response, he whirled on the three.

“You idiots!” he yelled as quietly as he could at them. They cringed back and stared at him with wide eyes. “That’s not what I told you three to do!”

Then he told them, in a continued restrained yell, exactly what he’d wanted them to do and what they were supposed to do. The more he talked, the more the look of dread grew on their faces.

James threw himself on the floor at Giovanni’s feet. “I’m so sorry, Boss! It was a mistake!”

“Um, present?” Jessie held up the present again, smiling fearfully.

Meowth opened his mouth, but before he could say anything, a minor Thunderbolt hit him and he yelped. They all looked at the culprit, with Pikachu giggling as he stood on Giovanni’s desk.

“It’s the twerp’s Pikachu!” Meowth gaped.

It was almost an instinctive reaction for the three to throw themselves at the electric mouse, attempting to catch it, only for them to crash into Giovanni’s desk while Pikachu nimbly jumped away and went to Giovanni himself. The yellow mouse snickered at the trio.

Giovanni sighed, though he was amused by Pikachu’s behavior and mocking of the others.

“Leave my wife’s Pikachu alone,” he said dryly, letting the mouse’s bribing nuzzling be allowed. He gave Pikachu a look, only for him to give a big smile back to the Rocket Boss. “You’re so cute, Ash lets you get away with pretty much everything, doesn’t she?’ he continued in that dry tone.

Pikachu just continued to smile.

“Boss doesn’t know –the cuter that thing gets, the more dangerous and destructive…” the trio were muttering things like that to each other.

Giovanni stared at them strangely, though he glanced at Pikachu, who only gave him a cute giggle.

“You wouldn’t happen to have evil tendencies, do you?” Giovanni muttered to it.

“Pika?” But there was a very slight mischievous edge to that smile.

Giovanni stared at him incredulously, before inwardly shrugging. “I approve, I suppose,” he was muttering again, taking Pikachu into his arms and holding him carefully.

Just then there was a flash and someone’s pokéball opened, and without warning something came out of it and practically glomped Giovanni.

“WOBBUFET!”