Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

We laugh as we dance on the dance floor. "Normani, it's your birthday,get on the table and twerk it girl!" I say, and the girls agree. "Dance! Dance! Dance!" They chant, and soon enough everyone at the party joins in. "Okay, I'll do it!" We cheer, and the DJ starts to play "Countdown" by Beyonce. Normani is killing it when she sees Arin walk in. Then she falls off the table, but luckily her dad was there to catch her. Okay so by the looks of things Mani did not want Arin to come. You should see how she's looking at us, it's quite scary. Oh no, we're gonna be in BIG trouble.

Normani's POV

I am completely shocked to see Arin walk in the door, so shocked that I fall off of the freaking table! I did NOT want him to come. The girls are SO dead. It honestly wouldn't have bothered me if I never saw him for the rest of my life, but NO, they just had to invite him and ruin my party. He's here now, so I might as well just deal with it. OMG he's coming this way! Do I have something in my teeth? Does my hair look okay? Wait,why do I care? I'm over him.

"Happy birthday Normani," he says, flashing me his perfect smile. "Thanks!" I reply. Wow, he even got me a gift, how sweet! "Okay, now that the last guest is here its time to open presents!" My mom says. The gifts were pretty nice, I got a lot of clothes, makeup,and jewelry, just what I like. The only gift I haven't opened is Arin's. Probably just the same sort of thing as the others. "Whoa, how did you get these?"

He got me Beats! The girls and I love music, of course, so we just had to get our own pair. But somebody *Camila* accidentally dropped them in the fountain when we went to Disneyland. "Mani Bear, I forgot mine, I'll just listen for a minute I promise." Well that minute turned into two months that I haven't been able to get a new pair because they're so expensive. So it was really sweet of Arin to pay like $300 for these.

"You know, I just saved up my money. Anything for the birthday girl." He says, causing me to smile. "Thank you so much!" I give him a big hug. Gosh, I miss those. "Back to the dance floor!" Dinah hollers. "C'mon, you can talk to your little boyfriend in a minute." Ally says, and Arin laughs. "Ally, thanks a lot for that!" I say sarcastically. "You're welcome!" She says with a smile, pretending she didn't just completely mortify me. We dance for a little while, and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about Arin.

Arin's POV

Wow, Normani looks beautiful. I can't take my eyes off of her. All of the times we've had flash through my mind, and I wish we were still together. But if she doesn't want to, I understand. Still, it's been really hard to get over her. After a few minutes people start to leave. Before I know it, it's just me, Fifth Harmony, and Ms. Hamilton. "Thanks so much for an awesome party! I love you guys so much!" Normani says. "We are staying Saturday and Sunday too, let's hang out!" Lauren says. "You bet, see you then!" The girls leave, and Normani's mom goes out to put the presents in the car. "Arin, I was a little shocked to see you here, but thanks for coming." Mani says.

"A little? You fell off of the table! You looked like you had seen a ghost!" She laughs. "I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you Arin. I don't know what's wrong with me." "It's fine don't worry." She smiles and we get lost in each other's eyes. We lean in.

Normani's POV

OMG we're going to kiss! I'm about to stop him when I think, maybe I should just let it be. Our lips meet and sparks fly, just like they used to. This feels so right. We pull away. "Normani, I'm sorry. I should go." He walks out the door. I go after him. "Wait, there's something I need to tell you. I'm-"

"Not interested anymore, I know. Let's just pretend this never happened." He gets into his rental car and drives off. "No Arin. I wanted to say that I'm pregnant with your baby and I want us to be together." I softly say to myself. "You ready to go?" Mom asks. I nod. "Just let me get my stuff." Gosh, once I realize that I need him, he doesn't need me anymore. Best birthday ever :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aww! Thanks so much for reading I hope you liked it :)

-Arianna