Chapter 18

Normani's POV

It's two months later on October 15th, the day our album comes out. I wake up feeling better than I have in a while. I'm so proud of our success. I go downstairs and find Ally cooking breakfast.

"Good morning girlie," she says with a smile. "Good morning!" I reply. Eventually the others come downstairs. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?!" Camila screams at the top of her lungs. "Of course we do Camz," Lauren says, giggling. "Gosh, you're getting so big!" Dinah says to me, touching my stomach. I'm six and a half months along now, I can't believe how close I am to giving birth. I smile from ear to ear.

Shortly after we finish eating breakfast there's a knock on the door. I answer it and find my parents, my grandmother, Ally's parents, and Ally's brother Brandon standing there. "OMG I'm so happy to see you!" I give each of them a hug. All of our families are coming to our album release party later.

Suddenly, there's a shriek form upstairs. All of us go to investigate, and we find Camila sitting on her bed, her head in her hands. "What's wrong?" Ally asks. "There's nothing for me to wear tonight!" She exclaims.

"Don't be upset Mila. Shopping will fix this problem." Ally's mom Patricia says with a wink. Camila brightens. "I'll get ready!" She says happily. We all laugh. Camz is a drama queen sometimes.

A couple hours later, the girls, Mrs. Hernandez, and my mom arrive at the Dress Barn, one of our favorite places to shop for dresses. As we look around, I bump into someone. "Whoops, I'm sorry-" I stop apologizing when I see who it is. Gabby.

She looks at me and smirks. "Well, getting kinda fat aren't ya?" She says.

"Hmm, at least I have an excuse unlike you." I mentally applaud myself for coming up with a good comeback. Gabby does not look very happy. In fact, she looks like she's about to punch me in the face until Arin walks up. I roll my eyes and walk away. "See you at the party tonight Mani!" Gabby yells. Wait what? Since when are they invited?

I find Lauren and ask her about it. "Of course Arin is invited, all of the Top 12 from the show are. And everyone is allowed to bring a date if they want, so that explains it. But remember, this is one of the most important and exciting days in our career, so don't let anyone ruin it Normani." I nod reluctantly. "You're right, I'm over him anyway." I reply.

But Gabby just loves to make me upset I can tell. I hate her so much! I really don't want her to come. But as long as I stay away from her, everything should be fine.

After we find the perfect dresses, shoes, and jewelry, we head back home to get ready. The rest of the families have arrived. We exchange hugs, and then our stylists help us get ready, one at a time.

"Your belly is growing Normani!" Camila's little sister Sofi says. "I know, I'll let you babysit sometime okay?" I tell her.

"Okay, is my stomach gonna start growing too?" Sofi asks. Aww she's so cute. "It will someday."

Soon enough, all of us are ready to go. The party starts at 8:00, but we leave at 8:30 so we can be "fashionably late" or whatever. When we finally arrive, we are shocked at what we see. There's a ton of paparazzi and Harmonizers waiting for us by the red carpet. We really feel like superstars.

As soon as we step out of the limo, everyone starts going crazy. We pose for pictures and meet some of our devoted fans before we go inside. As we walk through the doors, people rush to greet us. All of our fellow X Factor contestants, Simon, Demi. And the best of all, ONE DIRECTION! They give us hugs and congratulate us. I think I can speak for all five of us when I say I'm freaking out!!!!

"Would you like to dance Camila?" Harry asks her, flashing his gorgeous smile. Mila looks like she's about to have a heart attack. "Um...I...erm" she stutters. Dinah answers for her. "She would love to Harry!" Camila gives her a grateful smile before she goes with Harry.

It turns out that Little Mix and Ariana Grande are there too! We hang out with them for a while, they're really sweet girls. Could this night get any better?

A little while later, Simon gets up on the stage and asks us to sing some of our album. (We sit on stools because of the baby, of course.) We sing Miss Movin' On, Me and My Girls, Leave My Heart Out of This, and Telling Me. After we're done, the applause is thundering.

We dance and talk for a while until it's almost midnight. Right before we leave, Arin comes up to me. Oh gosh, here we go. "I know how much this night meant to you, so I decided not to bring Gabby. Congratulations." And with that he walks away, before I can say or do anything.

"Thanks Arin," I say with a smile, getting in the limo. For the rest of the night, the girls and I talk about how great our party was. I just can't believe this. I used to dream about stuff like this, and now it's a reality. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it! I hope the girls have a real party like this when their album comes out in October don't you?

-Arianna