Chapter Eight - I'm Sorry

Girl's POV~

I woke up to the sound of screaming.

When I looked around at everyone, Ciara was being attacked!

I immediately got up and slammed my body into the thing that was attacking her, pushing it to the ground.

It was of course... a zombie.

It tried to grab me, but I stomped its head in as hard as I could as Toby, Sean, Eric, Gabe, and Seth ran over to us.

"Grab as many things as you can! There is a mob of zombies outside! They're already starting to get in... Hurry!" Sean yelled to everyone.

Toby hugged me and told me it would be okay, but we had to act quickly and I had to push him off me to get food and other supplies.

Then Seth yelled, "Go to the van! Quick!"

We all rushed out to the van. Luckily, there were none of the undead there.

We all ran into the van and Seth turned on the car quickly and we drove off as fast as we could with a mob of the undead running behind us.

As we sped further away, we finally began to relax.

Ciara was crying, and she looked like she was bleeding.

Toby rushed over to her and examined her shoulder, which had a bite mark in it and blood coming from the wound.

"She's been bitten!" April yelled in shock.

Ciara looked scared and looked at Toby, crying.

"Antibiotics! And bandages! Hurry!" Toby yelled. He did his best to get the visible infection out of her and wrap her up.

Gabe pulled him aside, "Toby... She's infected now... She could have us all killed!" He whispered.

"Babe, it's his niece!" Gabe's wife said, he simply ignored her.

"Seth, pull over!" Gabed yelled.

"No... No..." Toby said, tears were beginning in his eyes.

"Toby?! What's going on!? Wha- What's going to happen to me?!" Ciara yelled to Toby, trying to control her crying.

Toby's POV~

"Toby! You know what happened with your dad... If we don't kill her now, she'll turn into one of those... Things. Toby, you need to do it. Now. Before anything happens," Gabe said, trying to convince me.

No...

I can't do this!

"She'll... She'll be fine! I can't, Gabe, I can't!" I yelled loud enough for Ciara to hear.

"... No! Please, no! Toby!"

I looked down as I began to cry...

Ciara....

I took her hand and opened the door and led her out.

I knew I had to do it...

I wasn't going to let her turn into one of them...

"Toby?" She looked me into my eyes, and it killed me.

"I- I'm so sorry Ciara..."I said looking at her as I held the gun in my hand.

She looked at me and nodded. She was a smart girl; she was prepared.

I shot her.

Her body fell lifelessly to the ground.

My mom got out of the car, saw her, and cried.

She knew it had to happen too.

Just as we were going to bury her, the mob caught up with us and we had to jump back into the car, leaving her lifeless body.

I looked back. I couldn't believe I just did that.

Then I just broke down.

I cried harder then I had ever cried before.

Girl just held me in her arms while I sobbed away.

My mom was crying too, in April's arms.

After awhile, Girl held my face up, wiped my tears away, smiled and said, "Hey, It will be okay, I promise. You didn't let her become... One of them. You did good, Toby. Now she's happy in heaven."

I just gave her a weak smile and she held me again for awhile as I tried to control my crying.

After awhile of driving, we pulled up to an abandoned barn.

Seth and Gabe checked it out and it was clear. That's where we were going to stay for the night.

We stayed inside the barn, up in the rafters so we weren't on the ground, and we made a trap so we knew if any undead were coming or not so we could all sleep. (We all needed it.)

~~~

~4 weeks later~

Girl's POV~

We stayed at the barn longer than we had originally planned. Gabe and his wife ended up leaning as well as Seth and his wife.

Toby finally stopped thinking about Ciara, though. Every once in awhile, he had to be alone... But we were running out of food and everyone was getting out of hand.

I was in one of the barn sheds when I heard yelling.

I ran out to find April fighting with Eric.

"That's the last for today! I can't help that we need more food! I'm sorry you couldn't get any, but some of us need it more than others!" April screamed.

"You've been giving Toby some every day just because of Ciara! We need to eat too, you know! I didn't even get any last time!" Eric yelled back.

Toby cringed when he heard Ciara's name.

"Guys! Shut up! Me, Toby, and Seth will go out to the city and get some more food," I yelled.

"Don't you tell me to shut up, bitch! You got food today!" Eric shouted.

"What did you just call me?" I said taking a step closer.

"B-I-T-C" Before he could finish I kicked him as hard as I could in the nuts.

April smirked.

"Anyways, like I said: Me, Toby, and Seth will go into the city and get food. We will try to return as soon as possible."

Toby and Seth nodded and April agreed.

Into the city we go...

_____________________________________________________________________________

Just so you guys know I frawking love Ciara, I just thought that there should be more suspense... Did I do a good job? Sadly, I think that we only have 3 more chapters to go... :c Which really sucks! I want this to be longer, but I have no Ideas... Lol Maybe I'll space out what I already have to make more chapters? Mer. Anyways. TTYL

Waah- Bless your face, KEEP READING! Peace off. AH-BEWP.(OH! and thank you to Rissawesome, she edits all my chapters ((Mistakes in chapters or typos.)) when I'm done with them. :D)