Chapter 10-Preppy or Greaser Marty?

When I thundered down the stairs at 9:45 on the following Sunday morning, oh boy. Let me tell you Marty wouldn't have known what was coming. I was good at these things, well, you know all girls are.
Okay, I won't waste anymore time.
Whilst Marty was sleeping on the couch the next morning, I had gotten up at around 7:30 or so. I shouldn't have peaked, but he looked like such an angel asleep on the lounge.
Doc had told me yesterday about needing new clothes to fit in for the 1950s. He was right. But it was only until this morning I came up with the brilliant idea to go on a shopping spree.
A shopping spree!
Could you get anymore brilliant?
Breakfast basically went in about a minute, and Marty had looked at me, drowsy with sleep, mumbling;
"Are you going somewhere important?"
I grinned. "We both are."

Doc is also very generous with his money. For Marty and I, he had given us $200 to use share out equally, which I insisted he take 100 back, but he just said he would've given more anyway. He must have a lot to spare.
He said I could use his car. He said it needed to be given the upmost priority, and I promised him on that. He reminded me not listen to Marty if he wanted to go faster.

I was out the front of the street in a cream Packard, when Marty finally decided to show up. The sky was blossoming, and little clouds were nestled throughout it. I decided that I felt great, sitting in a pretty car with pretty wheels and the convertible roof piece off. Marty dashes down the hill from the house looking nice too, as always. I've got my parka on, and he's got his denim jacket over him, but they won't be on us for long. In fact, most of our clothes will be replaced with real, vintage wear in the next few hours.
"Hey, _(a nickname you like being called :))_," he says, interrupting my thoughts while he gets into the car. "Uh, you still haven't told me where we're going."
I smile, plugging the keys into the slot. "Do you know if the "malls" are open on Sunday's?"
"Uh, I don't really know, maybe a few. Why?"
I turn the keys and the car powers on. I let the engine idle a bit.
"Well," I exhale lightly, turning to him with raised eyebrows.
"That's where we're going." I grin.
"I'm so excited!"
He looks quite cluelessly at me for a moment, and then slowly groans.
"Eww. Shopping."
I glance at his in disgust as I adjust the gear and let my foot loosely skim the acceleration pedal.
"That is now a sentence no longer in you're vocabulary." He leans back in the seat and laughs,

{cue the start of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"}

Next thing I know I'm already halfway down the street, the winds weaves itself through my hair, and I "woohoo" mockingly like one of those teenyboppers. But, I can find ways I was in my life a little bit of teenybopper. Like this one here for example.

*
I come home, in the morning light
My mother says 'When you gonna live your life right?'
*

"Go faster! Come on! How old are you, 60?"
"I can't go any faster, I'm doing 45 at the moment! Wasn't this the speed limit in the 50s?"
"No way! God, your slow!"

*
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And girls, they wanna have fu-uhn
*

Hill Valley Square had barely any people around, it was very likely they were all at church.
"How 'bout that one?" Marty says, pointing to a line of stores with dresses and jeans lining the windows a few metres from us.
"Yeah!"

*
Ohh girls just wanna have fun
*

I hold up a sweetheart neckline, long sleeved dress to my chest. It's cinched a bit around the waist.
I mumble to myself while Marty is looking at the choice of shoes. "This would look great with a white, chunky belt."