Gessner Hotel

I admit it; my heart thumped a little faster when I saw that Kyle had texted me. Then my face fell flat and my heartbeat stopped altogether when he said that he didn't mean to text me.

"Imogen, what's wrong? Who was that?" Bryan asks, looking at my evident frown.

"No one, I'm fine." I give him the most realistic fake smile I've ever given. "How about we get you two to y'all's hotel?"

"Haha, y'all." Johnnie says with a snicker, making fun of my Texan slang. I shoot him a deathly glare and lifts both of his hands up in defeat.

After we payed our bill, we headed over to my car.

"What's the closest hotel to where you and Shannon live?" Johnnie asks.

"Hmm, the Gessner Hotel." I reply, taking a while to mentally plan out the distances.

"Can you take us there?"

"Sure."

}|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{

"All done!" Bryan shout to no one in particular.

After we found them a room, which was surprisingly hard, I stayed and helped them get settled in.

"How long are you guys staying in town?" I turn and face Johnnie.

"Umm, Bryan?" Johnnie motions to Bryan, not knowing the answer.

"About a week, maybe a week and a half." I finally get an answer.

"Oh cool."

"Hey Im, me and Bryan want to know if you want to film an MDE video with us tomorrow in the park?" Johnnie asks.

"Totally! At what time do I meet y'all there?" I reply, excitedly. I've always been a My Digital Escape fan and I am super excited to get to be a part of it.

"1:30 p.m."

"Shannon will be there." Bryan mentions.

"And so will... Kyle." Johnnie adds.

"Oh god. Well that's going to be interesting." I reply in a monotone voice.

"That's what we're hoping for."

}|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"I'm coming!" I hear Shannon yell from the other side of the door.

After about a minute and a half of waiting, the door to Shannon's apartment opens.

"Hi!" I practically yell, excited to see my best friend.

"Oh, hey." She replied in an almost sad tone.

I automatically let myself in.

"Please don't be mad at me, I'm sorry! I didn't know you liked Bryan. You could've told me something, Shan! We're best friends for crying out loud. But don't you worry your pretty little face. I cancelled on him, and he agreed that it was a stupid idea. I'm sorry and I love you." I say rapidly, almost without breathing and immediately embrace Shannon into the biggest bear hug in world history.

"I'm sorry too! I didn't mean to burst the way that I did. I didn't tell you because I was afraid you were going to judge me..."

"No way! You liking Bryan is adorable! And no matter what happens, we're always going to be best friends, Shan. I'm with you one hundred percent. I'm here for you, and I hope you know that."

"I love you too, best friend."