Snapchat

I did just as Kyle instructed that day. I showed up at the park, exactly where he told me to meet him. I don't know why, I didn't even want to hear his false stories anymore. Who knew I would miss them so much?

At 5:42, I walked across the street from the parking lot and onto the park on 6th street, and went exactly to the spot where he told me to meet him.

So I stood there, and waited for Kyle.

And waited.

I waited 15 minutes.

And then 30.

And then I waited an hour.

2 hours passed.

And the saddest part of all, is that I still had hope that he would come and meet me. That maybe he was just running late. But he wasn't coming.

On the mark of the third hour, I gave up. I walked back across the street and got back into my car. After all of that waiting, I still sat in my car for another 15 minutes, on my phone but glancing up ever few seconds just in case I would see him coming.

He never did. So I drive home.

For the first 5 minutes of driving, I was fine. The next 2 minutes, I was sad. The rest of the way home, I bawled my eyes out.

I still don't understand why I loved him so much. He hurt me, and no matter what, I still went back to him. I still followed him. I still watched his videos. I still got dressed up when I knew I was going to see him. I still reject everyone that ever wanted to get with me because I had the hopes that me and Kyle would finally be a thing.

After a solid 7 minutes or so of crying in my car, I wiped the the black mascara streaks from my face and walked into my house.

"Hey sweetie, where have you been?" My mom asks me when she sees me walk through the front door.

"I was with Shannon at the mall."
Lying comes easily to me now. I was so innocent before I met Kyle, and now look what he's turned me in to. I -

"Imogen? I'm talking to you."

"Oh I'm sorry, what were you saying mom?"

"Did you buy anything?"

"No, I didn't find anything that I liked."

"Oh okay."

"Well I'm gonna go up to my room."

"Okay, but dinner will be ready in about 15 minutes."

"Okay, I'll be down then."

After our conversation, I ran up the stairs, walked into my room, and shut the door. As soon as I walked in, I laid down on my bed and pulled my phone out, and opened snapchat.

I didn't post a picture, but I went to view my friends recent snaps. Kyle's name popped up.

I clicked on the section that said "KyleDavidHall" and his snapchat from today uploaded. The last snap was a picture he posted 2 hours ago. It was a picture of two holding hands, one was clearly his, and the other was a girl. I could tell because she had nail polish on her fingers. The caption in the middle of the picture read: "❤️✖️✨". I felt a tear escape out of my left eye, but quickly removed it and forced myself not to cry.

So I did what any normal person would do.

I blocked him off of snapchat.

And then I opened Instagram and blocked him off of that, too.

Them I opened my YouTube app and unsubscribed to his channel.

And lastly, I deleted his number.

A/N: thank you so much for 4K! You guys are amazing! That you so much for reading my book, voting, and commenting. It really means a lot to me. 💜