Blue skies

As I was walking to my locker, I bumped into somebody.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." I looked up to see who I bumped into. Staring back at me was a girl with fiery red hair and big brown eyes.

"Don't worry, it's cool. Nice shirt by the way."  She smiled as she talked.

"Thank you. Uh, don't you get in trouble if your hair is colored here?" I asked the girl whose name I still don't know.

"Nope, they're totally cool with it. But I gotta go, see ya around." The girl said and was gone in a flash.

I made a mental note to consider dying my hair.

After about 2 minutes of searching, I finally found my locker, #113. I went straight to it and turned the lock with my given combination.

After it was opened, I put my sweater in there and then heard the first bell ring, signaling it was time to go to class. I slammed the door of my locker, took a deep breath, and walked to my first period- Math.

}|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{

When the bell that signaled it was time to go home rang, I was excited. Not that school was bad, I just wanted to go home.

I followed the rest of the students out of the classroom and out of the front doors of the school. It was difficult to get to my car because there was a huge crowd of people gathered at the entrance of the parking lot. But somehow, someway, I made in through and got to my car.

There's was a lot of traffic, too. After about 10 minutes, I got home. I pulled in into the driveway and parked the car.

"Mom I'm home!" I yell as I burst in through the front door.

"I'm in the kitchen!" She yells back from, well you know, the kitchen.

"Hey how was school?" My mom asked after I walked into the kitchen.

"It was good. I made a friend, her name is Storm. Everyone was really nice. And the teachers were great."

"I'm glad you liked it, honey. This is gonna be a good change, I can feel it. Dinner will be ready in an hour."

"Okay mom."

After our conversation, I went into the backyard and laid down on the freshly cut grass. I used to do this is Texas, it would help me relax. I was just laying there, looking at at the pretty blue sky when...

"OH MY GOD I GOT IT." I shouted out to no one in particular.

"I want to dye my hair blue. Sky blue."

}|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{ • }|{

"Imogen, dinner is ready!" My mom called from the kitchen.

"Coming!" I called from the backyard.

I stood up, brushed myself off, and went inside to wash my hands.

"What did you make today?" I asked my mom as I walked into the kitchen.

"She made Chicken Alfredo." My dad told me from the kitchen table.

"Yum." I say as I sit on the hair next to my dad.

"Eat up!" My mom said as she put a plate of food in front of me.

"Hey mom, dad?"

"Yes?" They replied in unison.

"Can I dye my hair... blue?"

"Yes." Said my mom.

"No." Said my dad.

"Do they let you at school? Are you going to get in trouble?" My dad asked quickly.

"No, dad. It's totally fine. My friend Storm has fiery red hair and she told me herself that you won't get in trouble. This girl in my English class has purple hair and-"

"Okay, okay." My dad cut me off.

"Yes?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes." He replied.