Part 9: Dreams

I wake up with medical instruments all around. A blood bag above me running a needle into my arm. Im wearing a thin white and pale pink hospital cloth dress that ties in the back. My parents are above me swollen red eyes and smiles as I awake.

"Oh Victoria" my Mom says an hugs me.

My dad gives me a big hug and I cry. I feel weaker than ever and i wonder how I got here. My mom later tell me my captor threw me out his car onto the freeway and I was found in Rhode Island, like the pajamas I wore, and someone brought me to the hospital.

I was recognized as Jessica the missing then dead girl and brought back to Pennsylvania. I could barely lift my arm up. When they weighed me i only weighed 90 lbs, severely underweight, as a 15 year old 5'3" girl.

My parents brought in a birthday cake to make up for my 15th birthday and i ate half the cake. I was starving. All my friends and family visited me, lots of tears and cards and food. By the time I eat all this ill be overweight I joked. I
was stuffed and tired and aching so I gave my body a rest.

The next morning
My eyes opened and I was in the same small dark room. No. No this cannot be happening. It was a dream. I wasn't tied down, I sat up on the cold metal table and I started crying.

I got off the table and there was the same huge mirror infront of me. The same red scar across my forehead and the cut on my ear. I slammed on the door screaming but it was locked.

I was angry, sad, confused, lost. I couldn't do this anymore. I took the knife and slit my wrist all the way longways, it stung and tears slide down my face.

Goodbye, And my vision closing in black I fell weak kneed. I woke up on a table with painful stitches on my arm where I tried to end it. I just want to go home.

Angrily I slammed against the table and broke the thin creme tape holding me down. I was suprised by how easy it was, maybe he thought I'd be weaker. I got up shakily and wrapped my hand around the rusted gray metal handle, cold shooting through my body.

I shivered and not because of the cold, something was wrong. I opened the door and he was standing there. I was frozen with fear.