Part 10: Keys

He kicked me in the gut and I flew backwards. I grunted with pain as i hit the ground painfully. "You stupid!" I could taste blood in my mouth and I coughed it on the ground.

He yelled as he slapped my face. His hands were rough and I could feel the warmth rushing to my cheek. I wasn't going to let him win. I used all my anger and sadness that had been bottled up inside me and I fought back with all my might.

I stood up and dodged a hit to the face. He picked up a knife and threw it at me and it stuck in my arm. The pain was unbearable and it spread out through my arm."FU*K!" I screamed and pulled it out. I bit down on my tongue and gripped the knife tightly.

After a little I didn't feel the pain as my adrenaline was strong. He pinned me against the wall and I head slammed him hard. It hurt me too but he fell to the floor. This is it.

I grabbed his keys and gun off him and dashed out the door, locking it behind me. I heard him screaming and pounding madly on the door. I almost thought it would break. I ran out the door and in front of me was a long dark dirty hall. It was rectangle with cobwebs and dirt everywhere.I ran down it and when I reached the end was a ladder. It was rusty and creaky with every step.

I climbed up it to the top and there was an escape hatch. The key ring had almost fifty keys and weighed a lot. I tried key after key, and got halfway when i heard the door crash open and loud footsteps chasing down the hall. I rushed to get the right key in. I heard the sound of the hatch unlocking and I knew it was open, I began to open it but I could see him grab my ankle and whip me down to the ground.