From bad.. to good.. to really bad...

Michelle's POV 

************** 

I woke up, and the first thing i saw was a nurse. Great! I'm in hospital! (note the sarcasm) I suddenly felt super thirsty and unable to move a muscle. I groaned, and tried to speak but instead, only a ragged and raspy breath came out. "W-w-haaterr" i managed. I was quickly handed a glass of water and i drank that in a second, but it wasn't enough. As if reading my mind, the nurse immediately gave me another glass and i drank this one a little slower, letting the luxury of the refreshing liquid pass down my throat.

I heard footsteps and muttering outside my door, and then all of a sudden, i was being crushed by 2 heavy bodies: (sorry guys, but you seriously are heavy!) Finn and Clara. "I-c-c-caa-a-n't b-b-brea-th" i sputtered. They quickly both let go and started apologising like their lives depended on it. I laughed, "Honestly guys, it's fine, just don't strangle me next time, ok?" That's when i started to remember why exactly i was in hospital, and all the bad memories came back: the heartbreak of seeing my best friend kissing my boyfriend, and then running out onto the street only to be hit by a car. I shuddered. Something wasn't right. And that's when i realised. "Guys, where's Jack..?"  

"In the room next door..." Finn hastily replied. 

"Oh, ok....." i sighed, "wait, what?!! Why?! when?! How?! Is he alright?!" 

"Well, he kind of ran after you onto the street, hoping to save you, but instead both of you got hurt..." Clara explained.  

I nodded, but didn't look at her. I can't believe she even dares to talk to me as if nothing has happened! She's even smiling at me! I turned my head and gave her a cold, cruel look. Her eyes widened, and she gulped, turning to Finn. Ha! That did the trick.

Suddenly, i was burst out of my thought bubble. "Er... Michelle... do you... remember EVERYTHING that happened?" Finn asked. "Yes," i replied, "Everything. Oh and i definitely didn't forget the part where my best friend made my boyfriend cheat on me!" I gave Clara a fake smile and said sarcastically "Because that's kind of... you know, a sort of, um BIG THING? You know?" She winced, and i smiled to myself. Wow i was kind of evil. But she deserved it. Anyway, wait till i get my hands on Jack! He'll pay for what he did, even if he tried to save me, that doesn't suddenly make things better! I guess i am kind of grateful that he tried, but i am still just as mad at him for the kiss.

"Michelle, we need to talk." Finn calmly stated. "Sure, Finn, talk." I commanded with a smirk. So Finn explained. "Clara didn't mean to kiss Jack, she thought it was me and wanted to surprise me, but then she saw you crying, and the real me standing in the doorway, and realised she had kissed your boyfriend!"  

"I honestly didn't mean any harm!" exclaimed Clara. I sighed, relieved. "Well, Finn, if YOU believe her, then of course i believe you guys!" i exclaimed. "I'm sorry that i was a bit rude to you today, just i was really heartbroken that you kissed my boyfriend, but it's fine now." Their lips both broke out into huge grins, and by the next 5 minutes, we were all laughing and smiling. "I hope Jack will be alright," i said, seriously, all traces of laughter now gone. "Of course he will, well, he better be!! I'll kill him if he's not!" cried Finn. "Speaking of Jack," Clara paused, and looked at Finn as if to say "go on! We need to tell her!"  

"Oh, oh yeah!" he said. "Michelle, we need to ask you a favour..."  

"Go on..." i said, intrigued. 

Clara said "Well, the doctor said thar Jack has lost part of his memory, and this part is everything that happened the day of the accident..." 

"I'm confused, what are you guys trying to say?" i asked. 

"Think about it Michelle. If he can't remember anything that happened that day, then he..." 

"...can't remember his kiss with Clara," I finished off, "Ok, i understand now, but what's the favour?" 

"Well," Finn began, "We were wondering if you could not tell him anything about the kiss. Just miss out that part? To avoid any un-necessary conflict..." 

"Great, you want me to lie to my own boyfriend?" I asked. 

"No! Just not... tell him the full story. Please? It's not like we're not telling him you're pregnant or something!!" Finn exclaimed.  

"Finn's right Michelle," Clara said, "We shouldn't make this harder for everyone, including Jack. Please?" 

"Ugh. Fine." I gave in.

After that, the doctor came in a few times to examine me, and every time we tried asking about Jack, he would say that it is confidential, and that he cannot tell us anything yet. But the last time he came in he said that both me and Jack were going to be released very soon, and that we could now go see Jack. Finn helped me up, but i soon realised that i had no trouble walking, and went next door without any help. When i opened the door i saw Jack and he was connected to some sort of machine, by lots of different wires. I ran up to him and sat by him, on the edge of the bed. I took his hand in mine, and suddenly his eyes fluttered open. He took in his surroundings, and then saw me, and said "Michelle! Michelle, what happened? Where am i?" 

I smiled, and said "Shh, Jack, don't worry. You and i were both hit by a car, and now i am much better, but you're still recovering unfortunately." A tear escaped my eye as i finished explaining. "Oh, please don't cry love. I'm sure i'll be fine." Jack comforted me. 

"Thanks Jack. It's just.... i missed you so much!" I cried. I looked at him, and saw him steal a glance at my lips, then he looked back into my eyes. We both leaned in, and when our lips touched his heart monitor started going up and down very very fast, and i smiled into the kiss. We both pulled back and I chuckled at him as we saw that his heart rate had increased from the kiss. Jack blushed, and gave me another short kiss on the corner of my mouth. "You tease!" I told him, pretending to be sad. I fake pouted, and then when i couldn't hold it in anymore, i burst out laughing.

I was released the next day, and Finn, Clara, and I would visit Jack every day. Lauren flew back to her parents in New York, as that's where she was originally from. In a few days Jack was released and he could walk and move everything perfectly, the only thing was that he had a small scar on his forehead, so we all teased him, calling him "Harry Potter".

Everything was going great and we were all happy, until one day. All four of us were at a cafe by the beach, and suddenly a boy that Clara and i knew all too well ran up to us, and Clara and i had no time to think when he grabbed her and kissed her! She straight away pulled away, stunned, slapped him, and ran away. I ran after her, wanting to get away from that jerk called Darren, but he caught my arm, and slapped me, calling me names. suddenly, he was pulled away from me, and i heard a shout and turned round just in time to see both Jack and Finn punching Darren, who was now practically on the ground, begging for forgiveness. I ran after Clara, sobbing my eyes out, knowing that i would never forget what horrible things that bully did to us.