A day out with friends

It was Monday at last, the day Futaba was waiting for so long. It was the day when she was supposed to go out for shopping with her two best friends Yuki and Murao. Futaba hurriedly changed into her school uniform and ran down to have breakfast with her dear family. Her father and mother were both working and so did not get enough time to spend with Futaba and her little brother Hikari. Hikari was a junior school student with grades better than Futaba who on the other hand barely passed her exams and so was envious of her little brother's brilliance.
"Well then I will be off" said Futaba as she wore her shoes to leave for school. Soon she was out in the roads greeting people good morning and adoring the beautiful environment around her. Soon she reached school and found out that she was just in time for school. As she opened her shoes and kept it in her locker a familiar voice said from behind " Good morning Yoshioka" and to Futaba's surprise it was Kou standing behind her with a smile on his face. "O-Oh good morning Kou" stammered Futaba. She was quite shocked on learning that Kou was comparatively late than usual. Kou without saying anything walked away from there and as he was going to climb the stairs he warned Futaba to stop daydreaming and hurry as class was going to start. Futaba realising that it was almost time for class hurriedly kept her shoes in the locker and ran up to the classroom. Thankfully she was just in time. The rest of the day was comparatively boring until the time came when Futaba was supposed to go out for shopping. When school ended Futaba ran down near the shoe lockers, wore her shoe and ran outside towards the main gate near which Yuri and Murao were already waiting for Futaba. Futaba apologised for being late and the three set out for the shopping mall. Futaba was so excited that she forgot about Haruka. She enjoyed the whole evening with two of her best friends and while returning home they stopped near a café to relax a bit. Futaba was really relieved and glad that she had friends with whom she could share her thoughts and who were capable of cheering her up when she was in a depression. In the café they talked about all sorts of things - they talked about the things they had bought and about how they would like to enjoy the trip to India. Suddenly Murao turned towards Futaba and asked her whether she would like to go out with Kou rather than Yuri and Murao. Both Yuri and Futaba were awstruk none of them knew what to say next.