Chocolates

It has been two months since that incident. The person who had the guts to kiss Futaba in front of Kou was Haruka. After the surprise Futaba turned around to see Kou walking away from the party with his head bowed down. Since then Kou did not contact Futaba no matter how many times she tried to call him, he did not pick up the phone.
"Tomorrow is valentines day" said Yuri a little excited. Futaba was sitting in a corner fiddling with her phone and trying at the same time to overhear their conversation. "So what?" Exclaimed Murao trying to change the topic. " Don't be so angry Murao. She just wanted to remind you of this day so that you could wish the one you love" replied Kominato sharply." I don't have anyone I love" replied Murao in the same tone. " Don't lie. What about Tanaka sensei?" Whispered Kominato but unfortunately was overheard by Murao who immediately rose to leave the room just when she noticed tears in Futaba's eyes rolling down her cheek. Murao retreated her path and sat down beside Futaba who was now aware of the fact that everyone's attention would now be attracted towards her. She hurriedly wiped her tears and pretended to laugh wholeheartedly but at last her sorrow had overwhelmed her confidence and tears again began to roll down her cheek. All of the others in the room became quite and tried to comfort Futaba. But it was of no effect because the tears could not be controlled no matter how much she tried to. All of her friends were deeply affected by this and a little while later all of them went and hugged Futaba together and said " It does not matter if you have lost Kou as a matter of fact you have not lost Kou we all miss him but we can't do anything if he does not wish to stay with us." After this Futaba calmed down a bit and spent the later part of the day baking chocolates with Murao and Yuri. She also made one vanilla flavour for Kou and kept it aside specially for him.