A date with Kou!

Futaba did not know the reason behind Murao's proposal of going out with Kou. She very well knew that Yuri who was in love with Kou  stopped talking about Kou and also tried her best to stay away from Kou after the fireworks festival. Futaba was worried about this very much but didn't say anything since she thought that this might hurt Yuri. On her way home Futaba went to a supermarket in order to buy ingredients for dinner. She went to the nearest supermarket which was somewhere close to Kou's house. As she was buying the ingredients she noticed a little packet filled with bacon lying at one side of the shop. She went to keep it at its right place just when another hand slipped beneath hers. She looked up to see Kou turning red as he picked up the packet. Futaba blushed for a while and at last said "t-t-thank you". Kou looked up and gave Futaba a good hit on her head. She was surprised and shouted at Kou " why did you do this just after helping me?". "I never intended to help you I only wanted to ask you to spend a day out with me." Replied Kou blushing as she said the last line. Futaba was so surprised that she could not say a word to Kou. All that she could afford to do was to nod her head and quickly walk away from there leaving Kou a little embarrassed on what he had said. Futaba spent the night thinking about what Murao had said. After a little while the phone rang and on picking it up she found that it was Haruka who also asked Futaba to go out with him. Futaba did not say anything apart from an yes and suddenly disconnected the phone. A while after she received a message which evidently was from Kou stating that he would like to go out tomorrow itself. Suddenly Futaba realised that she had promised Haruka that she would go out with him the same day. Before Kou knew anything she called Murao and both of them made a plan which seemed to please both of them. Futaba was quite happy and could sleep comfortably the rest of the night. The next day Futaba got up early and left for school soon. On her way to school she saw Murao patiently waiting for Futaba. All the way to school they chattered about the plan they were so glad about. The rest of the day in school passed out pretty quickly and at last the time came when Futaba was supposed to go out for a date. Her heart pounded as she set off with Kou. Then what happened with Haruka? Read about it in the next chapter.