That Explains It

(Ok this one of kind of personal. One of those seeing-yourself-in-your-favourite-character sort of headcanons. This ficlet is in honour of it being Asexual Awareness Week)

(Headcanon: Urushihara is asexual (doesn't experience sexual attraction))

Alone and bored once again, Urushihara was scrolling through his dashboard, a stick of Bocky poking out from between his lips. His eyes were only scanning the screen, nothing in particular getting his attention.

Not at first, at least, but soon something caught his eye. Just one word in a post.

'Asexual'.

He absent-mindedly toyed with the Bocky stick in his mouth. He'd come across the word a few times before. Every now and then, a post like this would appear, and at the sight of that word, Urushihara would stop for a moment and think.

Could I be...?

It resonated with him.

I mean, maybe...

Things made a lot more sense when he thought about it that way. Things he overheard the others talking about that he just couldn't understand. Things he would just raise a confused eyebrow at that everyone else seemed to obsess over.

I think I might be...

He had read a lot about it already, and it really did seem like it. After a moment of hesitation, he opened another tab and typed the word into the search bar. He needed a little more information first.

Half an hour or so later, he was starting to feel more confident.

... I think I'm asexual...

He leaned forward on the desk in silence for a few seconds, his reflection in the computer screen staring back at him.

... I'm asexual...

He closed his eyes and sighed. That felt right. He opened his eyes again.

"I'm asexual."

That felt better. He smiled.

That felt better.

The question now was, should he tell Maou and Ashiya?

Just Maou?

Just Ashiya?

Neither?

Any of the girls...? No, this was none of their business. They didn't need to know his life.

He could tell his roommates at any time, if he ever decided he wanted to. Right now, he could just be happy he knew there was a word for him.