9~Beautiful Liar~9

The past week I had to stay with Harvey and it was very fun. I did get scolded at for my actions but Harvey is a sweetheart. Harvey showed me around Gotham and took me to carnivals and the circus eventually. He is going to be my next best friend.

I convinced Harvey that I feel safe because it's literally been 2 weeks since that whole Victor incident. He's a criminal who is very and EXTREMELY dangerous they said. If he truly was dangerous I wouldn't be breathing right now but guess what? I'm safe and sound, I'm happy. This Victor dude doesn't frighten me one bit. And the thought of tricking him is very entertaining. But I know he is hard to trick because he knows about the tricks and mind games. He is a crook himself but one thing that surprises me is that Fish thinks that people beyond her will get tricked into something so silly. I know she doesn't care if this is safe for me or Liiza (Liiza is the girl planned to distract Falcone.) Fish doesn't want herself to get in trouble, she just hired us because we are a more simpler way to her succeeding her plan.

Even though I know it's dangerous and that Harvey and Jim won't approve of any of this, obviously, but I really want that money. I don't want to stay in that dump I call home no more.My offer is still, at least I hope it is.

Right now I was back in my  minuscule flat/apartment which honestly made me want to wish for a better life. I'm exaggerating as always. I set my phone on the couch and closed the lights. I knew my place around so I walked ahead to my bed extremely sleepy.

I was almost gone to sleep but my phone rang with its obnoxious and loud ringtone startling me.

"Hello, is this Giselle Hemsworth?" Said a cheerful and very familiar voice.
"Yes,who is it calling me so late?"I said sleepily.
"I'm Edward Nygma, I work in Forensics for the GCPD and I saw your résumé because I was told by Detective James Gordon to do so and is it right that you had applied to have a job in Forensics? " He asked questioningly. I know him, I met him the other day in that little café.
"Yes, I did." I said now siting up. I heard a little sound of glasses being closed, don't ask me how I know I just do.

"Well, you've been asked to be my assistant even though I don't need any assistance. Anyways your job starts this Monday."He said simply.
"Is there anything else I shall know?" I asked since I don't want anything to be ruined in my first job in Gotham.

"Don't be late, get here at sharp 8:00 A.M."He said as he hung up.
What's up with this dude? He ain't asleep at 11:00 PM.
Well I need my sleep to settle in tomorrow and I've a job to go to the day after. One thing I know for sure is to go to Fish Mooney's tomorrow.

-The day after- (A/N: because I don't want to be a cruel human.)

I woke up at about 7:30 A.M and I changed my clothes to casual even though I know what Mooney would say.

I thought in mind of how she'd kill me right the second she sees me but to be honest I want to take this risk. I want to because it'll end up adventurous. Yeah, death that is.

(A/N: I skipped her journey to Mooney's because it's something I need to work on.)
I made my way to Mooney's restaurant and walked in casually. I saw Mooney talking to a man in a suit. He looked fat and old. There was a man next to him who was all too familiar to me. You guessed it. Victor Zsasz. I tried hiding myself, not that no one acknowledged my presence. I saw Butch walk from the back and whisper something into Mooney's ear. I saw Fish glancing at me and excusing herself from both men. She walked up to me, her heels clicking through a strange feeling of silence in the room. She signaled for us to talk next to a far away corridor. We walked in a storage room and she glared at me.

"What are you doing here?" Mooney yelled at me.
"I was wondering if that offer of yours is still open." I said scratching my back.
"You suddenly want the job? Victor saw you. You made him run around Gotham when you could've just told him where Oswald was." Fish said clearly upset.
"Who's Oswald?" I asked confused.
"Penguin!" Fish said annoyed.
"Oh, I didn't know where he was anyway. He just left my house."I replied defensively.
"But what's the point with the job now that Victor knows exactly who you are."Fish says still showing a hint of vexation in her voice.
"I'm sorry. He followed me and he attacked me." I said and Fish rolled her eyes.

"He attacked you. Great. But he saw you, honey." She said and walked closer to me. "You ruined my plan and now I'll ruin you."
" I swear it wasn't intentional and I really need the money." I said irefully.
Mooney walked real close to my face and grasped my chin with great force.
"You need the money?" Mooney asked with a sarcastic merciful tone of voice.
I do need the money. I live in a dump. At least it's not a trailer on 8 Mile with my mom. Poor Jimmy.
(A/N:It's a 8 Mile reference.)

"Yes, I do." I said trying to speak without wincing since Mooney still had a slight grip on my chin.
"I couldn't care less!" Mooney said walking away.
"Please I'll do anything." I said making the biggest mistake of my life.
"Really? Anything." Mooney said with a stern voice.
"Yea." I said regretting what I said earlier.
"Can you sing?" Mooney turned around and asked with crossed arms and fingers tracing her temple.
"Why?" I asked.

"Because we need to make you resemble Falcone's mother slightly. You have to be a singer and know how to cook but you have to be like Victor's Zsaszettes so he likes you." Mooney said taking small steps, her heels clicking on the wooden floor.

"Zsaszettes?" I asked awkwardly.
"It's just a secret nickname for those girls with him, everywhere."Mooney said.
"The creepy female giants who wanted to beat the shit out of me and stared the soul out of my body."I said.
"Yeah, those female giants." Mooney replied with a small smirk on her face.
"I agree but don't make me turn into a giant." I said.
Mooney chuckled and nodded.

"Hey, Ms Mooney." I called her name to get her attention, which I did because she looked at me in reply.
"How can you trust Victor to fall for this crap? Falcone might but Victor is just too cunning to fall for a scam like this." I asked
"Don't worry, he'll fall for it slowly and hopefully." Mooney said confidently.
"Yeah, just don't get me killed." I said smirking.
"I won't." Mooney said truthfully.

"You have my trust." Mooney added.
"You keep gaining respect from me." I replied.

"Just don't disappoint me." Mooney said aggravatingly.
"I won't." I replied.

I hope I keep this promise.

I hate disappointing people.

I wish I don't end up nothing but a beautiful liar.

A/N: Finally, a update. I'm sorry, I wasn't able to since I had exams. I'll update as much as possible since I have a long-ass and good Winter Break ahead of me.