11~Recherché~11

Giselle's POV:
It was draining all of the fun out of my existing doing this job. The same thing over and over again. Picking up files and arranging them by numbers, letters and categories. Edward had OCD and all the pressure was put on me as his assistant. I'm pretty sure the M.E. would be surprised at Edward's collection of records, but it's not like she could do anything.
As I was working Edward walked in front of me, leaned against his shelve and stared at something then said "Hi" in my face.

Confused I looked at him and said "Hi" back

He walked up to me and stared at me.
"Ed, do you need something?" I asked with a chuckle knowing something was on his mind. With the few days I've worked with him I've sort of figured out some of what the riddle Edward Nygma is.
"You know when something is on my mind, don't you?" Edward asked with a somewhat sinister smirk.
I was about to reply, but he wasn't finished talking.
"Well, it doesn't matter what's going on my mind. Even though it's clearly exhilarating for you-" I cut him off by saying "I wouldn't go that far."
He glared at me and replied "I wasn't finished talking Ms. Hemsworth."
Embarrassed, I placed a strand of hair that was in front of my face behind my ear.
"As I was saying, what are you pondering about? You are not placing the files in order with a smile. Is there something wrong Ms. Hemsworth?" Edward asked worriedly.
"No, not at all. I'm just missing my family, that's all." I lied to Edward. I lied to him and I'm ashamed. He's been a great friend to me and I lied to him. I'm a terrible friend, but I'd rather not have my worries be a burden on him.

The truth is I couldn't get what Victor said out of my head. I don't want to believe what he said but why would Victor say that about James? James is a great guy. I guess he gets amusement accusing innocent people. Victor knows I won't believe him, maybe that's why he said that. I don't understand any person in my life anymore.
"Okay then. I'll leave you to it, Ms. Hemsworth." Edward replied before getting back to work.

I know what I'm doing at work and I don't even have to pay attention to do it since I'm already used to it. But I don't know what I'm gonna do about James. It's been bugging me ever since that night. And speaking of things that bug me, count everything about Fish Mooney in. First she follows me around town just to forcefully hire me as her sidekick and project. Then she tortures me with phone calls by reminding me of the recent events at her bar. Fish knows that Victor now has an interest in me so she's trying to train me how to manipulate people.

What was I thinking coming to Gotham city. They said it would be an adventure, but it's only a grave danger. In Gotham city you have to make sacrifices to get what you want. There is no such thing as a normal job. Gotham is making me hate the city. I wish I was back at the suburban side with my family. Unfortunately, I chose this life and I don't need them facing the consequences.

I'm gonna have to talk to James about this miscommunication and misunderstanding.
-------
"What's up, Jimmy?" I asked James with a smile on my face and a cup of coffee in my hand. James smiled at the sight of me and replied "Same old, how about you?"

"No, nothing important is happening. Just had this conversation with-" Harvey interrupted me as I was about to start the topic that is taking all the space in my head.

"Hello, my worst nightmare. Last time we met you locked me out of my car, what do you have planned this time?" Harvey asked with slight anger showing in his voice referring to what happened the last time I had a good time.
"Nothing special, I'll give you a break now. You deserve a pity party." I said sipping my coffee but not before smirking in a devious manner.
"When and where's the pity party?" Harvey asked as James just watched amused.
"I'd tell you if I wasn't broke." I replied in a serious manner to give an effect to my joke.
"Well-" Harvey was interrupted by Sarah Essen and called over for a chat or discussion about an open case. Karma, I guess.

I turned to James. "As I was saying, I had a conversation yesterday with Victor Zsasz."
"Oh really? What did he say?"

""Oh really? What did he say?"

"Nothing much. You know, just talking about how you killed an innocent man." I said through gritted teeth.
"Can you keep it down a bit Gigi?!" James exclaimed
"Why does it matter?" I said
"What, you believe him?!" James asked
"It wouldn't matter if you didn't kill him, did you or did you not kill Penguin?" I asked quietly.
"No, you don't even know any of the story Giselle." James said as he snickered and shook his head disappointedly.
"Then tell me." I demanded from James.
"Fine. Falcone asked me to kill Oswald, but I couldn't. So, I pretended I shot him but I just let the bullet pass beside him and told him to swim away from Gotham." James explained the story to me.

"You know you could've told me this before

"You know you could've told me this before." I told him slightly upset that he kept this from me.
"I didn't want to get you involved. But how did you get involved?" James asked curiously.
"Didn't want to get me involved? I'm your best friend Jim. The least you can do is share your problems with me." I said baffled at James' excuse.
"Well, I know Harvey more than I know you. I still haven't told him. And I can't, he'll kick my ass." James explained to prevent me from telling him.
I nodded and he switched to his thinking face.

"How did you get involved Giselle?"
"Two words, one name." I said "because of Fish Mooney."

-----
A/N: woah, I haven't update for way too long so here's an update for y'all.
Written: June 30th 2017