12 the less I know the better

Gigi's POV:

I hate Gotham City

I hate Gotham City. I used to kind of deal with it, now I can't stand the stench of smoke everywhere and violent protests every 2 weeks. All the violence in Gotham City was making it hard for me to focus on all the Forensics cases we had to cover and for people to live.

I didn't think it would be this easy to be angry. Fish Mooney always sent little threats to keep me on edge, Victor Zsasz kept appearing around all my visited places. I can't even pick up a pack of donuts without him standing outside. Sometimes he would follow me to my apartment and then wave and leave like he didn't just terrorize my privacy. It was getting too much at this point. I would tell James and Harvey but they are really busy with like I said: the flood of cases. We hadn't hung out in two months. I was always stuck around Ed and they hated him. I was wishing they got over their childishness but my expectations were too high. So, I ignored it and lived my life like it wasn't a complete and utter mess. All because of Gotham City.

"Ms. Hemsworth?" I heard Ed call for me. I was literally only in Kristen Kringle's office for what 5 minutes? Now, he's knocking on the door. I looked at Kristen and muttered a 'sorry'. I sighed and walked to the door.

"I am used to it." Kristen said under her breath. I stopped walking and turned to her. What did she mean by that? I am starting to think Ed doesn't follow me around like a lost puppy and smother me because he wants to but because he wants Kristen to see.

"What?" I asked and she realized she was being too honest to a stranger. Even the tiniest things can tell you so much or maybe I am just looking too much into it.

"It's just Ed does this type of shit all the time. Don't try and feel special." So, she was jealous of the attention I was getting. She walked up to me and stared me up and down. "If he is moved on to you, it only saves me the trouble of him rearranging something to impress me." She handed me my files and stared at me. She leaned in and whispered in my ear as thought it was a secret "I have to warn you he gets overly attached. Gotham and its men just don't seem to be your type. Despite all the trailer trash you seem to hang out with."

I challenged her to continue because I wasn't done hearing her talk to be honest. She thought of me and I need to know what exactly. "Now, what is that supposed to mean? I don't have a type. But I don't talk about people behind their back so you need to rethink what you say to me. Because I am so over your peachy keen personality. I see right through your good girl act. And if you ever get this close to my face again and insult one of my friends, so will everybody else." I titled my head. "I will drag you by your ginger hair and throw you over a bridge. Got it? Don't ever talk to me about anything unless you absolutely need to." Sheesh, that was intense. 

"You got some guts coming into my office, my life and telling me what I should or should not think about?" She said mocking my tone. "Stay away from Ed or you'll be as dead as The Waynes." I'll be damned, Kristen Kringle and Ed Nygma.