9 - Can You Keep a Secret?

When Zayn returns from the camping trip, with light stubble on his perfect face, he can tell there's something different going on. The atmosphere in the flat has changed. Harry is not as grouchy as he was before Zayn left and Niall was even more smiley than he used to be if that's possible.

Zayn isn't stupid. He can see something is clearly going on.

"What's going on?" He questions dropping his duffel bag near the front door.

Niall and Harry glance at each other. They're sitting on opposite sides of the couch watching some random movie on the telly. Niall's cheeks are flushed and Harry's curls look a little unkempt like teenagers caught fooling around by their parents.

"Niall?" Zayn sing-songed.

Niall peered up at Zayn almost guiltily.

"How was your weekend Kitty?" Zayn asks, plopping down beside Niall and draping his arm around his shoulders.

Harry stiffens and he wants to be angry, wants to push Zayn away but his weekend with Niall comes to mind. He got to cuddle Niall and have him all to himself for an entire weekend. He had to hide his smile remembering the way he'd caught Niall slipping into his old cat tendencies.

Harry had just stepped out the bathroom from his fresh shower when he saw Niall sitting on his bed doing something sort of…odd.

He just stood in the doorway and watched Niall intently who sat in the middle of the messy full-size bed.

Niall licked the back of his hand and smoothed it over his hair, repeating the process with his eyes closed.

In all actuality, it's kind of gross but Harry couldn't help but think how fucking cute it was that Niall was bathing himself on his bed.

"Nice." Niall answered simply to Zayn, pulling Harry out of his pleasant memory.

Harry wanted to sigh with happiness. Niall was doing such a good job acting casual.

"Did you know Louis' gay?" Zayn asked talking to Harry now.

"Yeah. No big deal."

"What gay, Harry?" Niall asked.

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows. Since when did Niall ask Harry anything?

"It's when someone likes people of the same gender." Harry answers.

Niall tilts his head, his eyes blinking in puzzlement.

"It's when a boy only likes boys. Or a girl likes girls. Do you understand kitty cat?" Zayn clarifies.

Niall nods. That sounds like him. So does that make Niall gay? Because he fancies Harry quite a bit and Harry is a boy. He's a boy who likes boys and that’s gay, right?

Still he needs confirmation from Zayn so he cups his hands around Zayn's ear and whispers his question.

Harry is watching desperately from the corner of his eye. What could Niall possibly be asking Zayn? Is he asking about Louis? Is he telling Zayn about anything they did that weekend?

Zayn licks his lips and smiles at whatever Niall has asked him. He nods his head at Niall whose eyes widen a little bit.

"Did you miss me?" Zayn questions.

"Yes. Miss me?" Niall tilts his head.

"Of course I did. I was worried about you."

Harry rolled his eyes but Zayn really was worried. He kept thinking how much Niall would've loved roasting marshmallows and making hot dogs over a good old-fashioned wood fire.