36 - One and Only

Harry wishes he could shut the world out and stay cocooned in the warmth of his little blonde love but there's that stern voice in his head saying you've got to work to earn a respectful living.

The green-eyed boy lies beside Niall taking in the perfect milky skin and the fact that the blonde has a collection of love bites from yours truly all over his throat. It gives Harry this strong sense of ownership. He reckons his own neck looks quite similar.

Harry leans down to bury his face in the sleeping boy's hair murmuring soft I love you's. Niall sighs softly in his slumber sending a thrill down Harry’s spine.

The tall lad wonders if Niall will be sore after last night's sexcapades. He grins goofily at the thought of the blonde walking all wonky for the rest of the day. And everyone would know why. It made Harry so giddy.

With a quick kiss to the blonde's bare shoulder Harry got up to get ready for work. The curly-haired lad made sure to call Louis to come over and hang with Niall.

But Louis knew what Harry really meant. Harry wanted Louis to guard Niall from Robert who was still shacking up at the flat.

Harry slipped his work clothes on, chastely kissed a sleeping Niall one more time goodbye, texting Louis that he had to be there in five minutes or else he'd be nervous the rest of the day.

Five more minutes, Louis told himself when he hung up on Harry. He told Harry he was on his way to his flat when in reality the lazy bum was still in his bed half-asleep. Eventually Louis fell back to sleep.

When Robert awoke, the flat was silent. He figured no one was there. Harry had work and he doubted his brother would leave Niall behind with him. Still, he found himself tip toeing to Harry's bedroom just to make sure.

He pushed the door a crack and his breath caught in his throat.

Niall lay there in the queen sized bed wearing nothing but loose joggers with the cream colored sheets tangled around his legs. He was moving around a bit as if he was searching for something, or someone.

Robert could see the infatuation his brother had with the blonde. Even in his sleep he radiated sweetness and purity.

His heart clenched a bit when the boy woke up and sat up in the bed suddenly, as if he'd woken from a bad dream. He searched all around himself until his shoulders slumped perhaps realizing that he was alone.

"Harry..." He whimpered.

Robert knew it was a bad idea the moment the thought crept in his head but he couldn't resist himself. Maybe Niall would be able to tell the difference. He had once already. God, but he wanted to just touch the soft looking creamy skin of his shoulder and scratch at his scalp like he's seen Harry do.

So the lad stepped into the bedroom.

The blonde looked up at him sleepily and bleary-eyed. He tilted his head, his vision still blurry.

"Harry? Why are you wearing a lot of clothes?" He yawned, referring to the plaid pajama pants and long sleeve thermal shirt.

These days Niall and Harry slept with barely a thing on using each other for warmth.

"I-I got cold." Robert replied, his eyes raking over the hickeys littering the boy's neck.

"No work today?"

"No."

It wouldn't be so bad if he just cuddled the blonde, would it? As long as they didn't kiss then Robert wasn't doing anything wrong, right? Niall would fall back asleep and he could just sneak out, pretend it never happend.