20 - Sit Back and Relax

Louis felt all the blood drain from his face. But maybe he could still save the situation? He knows he's got a quick-wit and clever mind. I mean how many teachers has he sweet talked in order to get better grades?

All of them, that's how many.

"Speak up Louis. You had a shit ton to say a few seconds ago." Zayn spats angrily.

Zayn and Harry are the ones with insane tempers. Louis uses his humor to skirt around confrontational subjects while Liam usually prefers to avoid them altogether.

But now, Zayn is fuming. His fists are balled up tightly at both his sides and if it wasn't for his russet colored skin, you'd see how heated his face has become.

Despite all the anger, Louis can’t help but to admire the way Zayn’s hair still looks so soft after all the product he uses to quiff it up. And his skin looks so smooth, like a baby. He can’t even get started on Zayn’s pouty lips. He never understood what Zayn hated so much about his lips. There wasn’t anything about Zayn that Louis could pick at. Maybe his eyelashes are too long and perfect? Yeah that insult would wound Zayn very much, Louis thought bitterly.

"I'm sorry. I just said that to get you angry."

"You're a fucking liar." Zayn snapped.

"I know Harry pisses you off and probably the thought of Harry with Niall might make you livid." Louis shrugged.

"Where's Niall?" Zayn questioned preferring to ask the blonde some questions.

"He ran to my room." Louis sighed collapsing on the couch in exasperation.

Zayn headed in the direction of Louis' bedroom and frowned when he noticed it was empty. He immediately got down on his knees, picking the comforter that hung over the edge up and meeting a pair of glacier blue eyes.

"Why are you hiding?" Zayn asks with a weary half-smile.

Niall shifted on his forearms.

"I'm sorry about today. I thought it was gonna be fun and I wasn't thinking." Zayn said.

The raven-haired lad followed Niall's gaze to one of the darkening bruises on his arm. Zayn remembered getting those the first time he played paintball. But he'd only gotten shot twice and Niall got shot five times.

"I'm sorry. I'll never make you doing anything like that again, okay?" Zayn promised.

Zayn took Niall's hand and gently stretched his arm out to get a better look at the dark bruises. He leaned down to press a soft kiss on one of the welts making Niall's face blush crimson.

Kisses felt too intimate with anyone besides Harry. Just like he didn't want Harry to love or touch anyone else, he felt if he did he'd be betraying Harry.

"Would you come out from under the bed?" Zayn asked as sweet as he could.

It'd been so long since Niall hid under beds. It was a cat habit Zayn thought he'd forgotten.

"Okay." Niall replied quietly.

The blonde slid out lithely.

Zayn got up and sat on the edge of Louis' bed, motioning for Niall to join him. The blue-eyed boy chewed on his bottom lip, sitting down nervously.

"Have you been seeing Harry?"

The Bradford lad didn't bother to beat around the bush. He wanted answers and he didn't want to wait or ask a bunch of other questions to waste time. He needed to know.

"I don't know..." Niall continued blushing furiously.

"You don't know or you don't wanna tell me?"