One Shot #3 - Niall Cuteness, tbh

Quick A/N: Drabbles of Niall learning new words. It's to be read like beginning, middle, end in the way that in the beginning it was mainly Zayn and Niall, in the middle Harry wasn't very nice to Niall, and near the end Harry gives in to his feelings.

(Day: Three)

Please?

Please is the very first word Zayn teaches the confused blonde boy. He reckoned it would be good for Niall to learn basics and common courtesy before he picked up the more complicated terms.

The pair sit in the kitchen at the same table across from one another, Zayn with a small bag of chocolate chips while Niall mews and whimpers wanting his treat from Zayn.

"Please?" Zayn drags out the word in a long note.

"Peas?" The blonde says almost too quiet to hear, head slightly bent down. His new voice is strange to his own ears.

"Fine, I'll give you that one for effort." Zayn picks a chocolate chip out of the bag and places it in front of Niall. The blonde leans down, simply poking out his small tongue and scooping the treat into his mouth happily.

"Puh-leeease?" Zayn tries again, enunciating the word.

The blonde frowns.

Zayn brings out another chocolate chip to show him he's going to get another one if he complies.

"Peeeas?" The blue eyed boy repeats eyes on the chocolate chip.

"That's not exactly it but I suppose we can come back to that one." Zayn tries to hold the smile of endearment back but fails as he picks up another chocolate chip, placing it in front of the blonde once more.

Soon after that lesson, Zayn realizes the blonde thinks please is a word meant to reward him with treats.

One night when Harry is in the kitchen making chicken soup from scratch, Niall is behind him mewling pathetically, pleading with his big blue eyes like Puss in Boots. Although the behaviour isn't exactly new, the way Niall pleads is.

"Peas? Peeeas?"

Harry flushes and tries to shrug off the blonde but Niall won't be shaken off so easily.

"Alright, here. Get off my tail already." Harry grumbles spooning out a piece of diced chicken and feeding it to Niall.

The blonde chomps it down, nearly biting off Harry's index finger in the process.

"Peas!"

"Oh good Lord." Harry mumbles, although he cracks a smile as he stirs the soup.

-x-X-x-

(Day: Twenty)

Harry.

Niall and Zayn sit together on the couch with flash cards. Today Niall is being quite stubborn much to Zayn's annoyance. He won't repeat a single word Zayn asks him to even with the promise of a chicken nugget.

Zayn sighs for the umpteenth time when Niall refuses to say thank you.

"Maybe Harry would have better luck teaching you today, you stubborn thing."

The blonde quirks up at the mention of Harry's name, Zayn realizes.

"Do you know who Harry is? Where's Harry, Nialler?" Zayn coos.

Niall glances at the door then back at Zayn.

Zayn pulls up a picture of Harry on his phone of him smiling goofily from some party they'd gone to not very long ago.