(14) Most Definitely asking for forgiveness: Epilogue part 1

Most Definitely

Quote here.

-

Chapter 14

Avery and I got married fifteen years ago when we were twenty. We were now thirty-five and today was our anniversary.

Unfortunately since I was a very famous lawyer I had to work at least everyday and I barely get home before dinner. I had a very important case the day of our anniversary and I had told Avery that we may not be able to celebrate but I didn't think it was such a big deal since we had celebrated our anniversary for fifteen years already so why would missing one day hurt?

I knew our anniversary meant a lot to Avery and he let me know almost every year but I thought he would be able to understand but he didn't even say goodbye to me for work. He simply glared at me and stomped away to our bedroom and slammed the door shut.

He wasn't just mad about our anniversary though. He was also mad because for the past two years I haven't been able to spend time with him and the kids as much as I would like to because of work. He thought that I didn't put any effort into our relationship and hardly said anything to him unless it was about sex, which for the record wasn't true.

I asked our oldest daughter Alaska who was sixteen for advise. What? I was desperate.

She was a very mature teenager though. She doesn't wastes her time on arrogant teenage boys and knew right from wrong and always understood what we were coming from when we tell her she can't go somewhere like a party or something. She knew we just wanted to protect her and make sure she didn't do anything stupid which was very rare that she did.

She was a total sweetheart but also a badass when she needed to be. She was a black belt in karate like her two
twin brothers and was very elegant and classy. She spent most of her time with her best friend Pria Mills and nearly slept over at her house everyday. At one point we had thought maybe she and Pria had romantic feelings for one another but she made it very clear that nothing was going on between the two and was very much straight.

The twins in the other hand, Azul and Azil were fifteen and very cocky. They were two peas in a pod and you'd hardly see one without the other. They were totally pranksters and never followed the rules. Azul had a crush on he and Azil's best friend Manny Calido but unfortunately for Azul, Manny was straight but he never gave up hope since he had me and Avery's story stuck in his head.

-

I went home that night and the kids were gone. Alaska was at Pria's house for a sleepover and the twins snuck off to another party we told them they couldn't go to.

I unlocked the door and stepped inside and took my shoes off. As I walked into the kitchen I undid my tie and took off my blazer. I heard a noise in the dining room and went inside to check it out.

Avery was sitting at one end of the long wooden table wearing a suit and was holding a bottle of vodka in his hand that was half empty. His eyes were bloodshot red as he stared the the giant bear that he named 'Fluffy Grayson' that was seated across from him that I had gotten him as a random gift from three years ago.

"Avery.." I whispered and slowly walked over to him.

He glanced up at me and chuckled "I'm wearing a suit.. You said I always looked good in a suit uncase you forgot that too."

I gulped and my eyes trailed over his muscular body that was fitted into the suit but I knew the meaning for his words.

"I didn't forget our anniversary Avery."

"Really? Well then why the hell am I sitting here drunk and miserable?" He questioned staring into my eyes.

I gulped and looked away "Avery let's not fight.. I'm tired and I just want to go to bed."

He let out a disbelieving laugh "and I'm not tired? I work as a personal trainer and a high school football coach." He snapped. "Even though when I get home and I'm tired as fuck I still make time for you Grayson."

I didn't say anything.

"You know your a fucking asshole right? You don't even try to fix this. You just sit back and fucking complain  all day like a whiny little bitch. I know you have to work I know that Grayson but you don't even try anymore you just come home tell me you 'love' me and occasionally when your up for it we'll have a quicky and then your done with me for the rest of the day."

I glared at him and opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off.

He stood up and slammed the bottle down on the table making it crack. "I put all to the effort into your relationship, I always have. I don't mind it but every once in awhile it would be nice to know you actually care about me. For you it sounds like saying 'I love you' is a fucking chore. You come home every single day say hello to your family and then go to bed. It's been like that for like two fucking years Grayson." He said he voice breaking.

"I just feel like you don't even care anymore." He whispered before walking away. I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me "I'm sorry Avery, I'll do better." I said staring into his eyes.

He looked down and quickly wiped away a falling tear "that's the thing Gray.. You keep saying that but you never do any better."

Shit. I really fucked up.

"Avery-" I started but he cut me off and said four words I never thought I'd here coming out of his mouth.

"I want a divorce."

And at that moment the glass bottle finally broke.