Boarding School AU Plots

Muse A is one of the first of a small group of humans to transfer in to a formerly all-vampire boarding school. Muse A and their human counterparts are selected to attend this school not only for their impressive GPAs but also because of their rare blood types. Tuition for the human students will be paid by means of bi-weekly blood draws administered by the school nurse; this blood will be rationed and used as nutrition for the predominantly-vampire student body. For the safety of the humans, vampire students are by no means allowed to drink directly from their classmates.. or at least they're not supposed to.

Muse A is enrolled at a prestigious spy training academy. The only way for students to get in to this school is to be recommended by their parents who have attended; the location of the school moves each year to keep the academy a secret from outside threats. Muse A meets their training partner, Muse B, during first day orientation and they are informed that they must be paired until graduation. Each day they take part in combat classes, tech classes where they learn to create and utilize spy gadgets, escape simulations, physical and mental fitness exams, etc. Students are informed that their final exams will consist of a field mission that is truly life/death, so they better get along with their partner.

A mix-up in paperwork gets Muse A sent to a same sex boarding school for the opposite sex (e.g. a boy is sent to an all-girls school). Muse A pretends to be a member of the opposite sex in order to stay at the school, hoping they don't get discovered.

Muse A is gender fluid or transgender and their parents force them to attend an all(boys/girls) boarding school, assuming they will figure out which gender they identify with once and for all if they're surrounded by students of the same biological sex as them. Muse A encounters several challenges early on at the school, dealing with people's expectations and unwarranted judgments of them. Muse B is the first person that Muse A befriends.

Students for neighboring same-sex boarding schools sneak out of their dorms past curfew and meet up for some fun at a secret spot. New students must be initiated into the group before they are shown the location of the hangout. One night, an initiation goes horribly wrong and the students all become witnesses/accomplices in the murder of a teacher. The students vow to keep the awful crime a secret between them. Will paranoia and guilt crack the group over time?

There's a boarding school where all students, staff and faculty are supernatural beings. Dormitories are separated based on kind. Despite efforts of administration and faculty to make the school harmonious, there are tensions between kinds (e.g. vampires vs werewolves) and even between families within supernatural groups (e.g. vampire vs vampire). If that's not complicated enough, there are halflings who are caught in the middle of all those tensions at once.

Muse A attends a boarding school overseas. It seems like a pretty cool place. The upperclassmen are exceedingly friendly, not like Muse A would've expected. It's actually eerie. Each freshman is assigned an upperclassman as a mentor. Muse B is Muse A's mentor. Curious, Muse A does a fair amount of snooping around and they uncover the sinister plan of the administration: brainwash students steadily over time and when they graduate, they will be upstanding members of society. Muse A must figure out a way to save Muse B and themselves from such a fate.

Muse A attends a same-sex boarding school. At first, it's hard to find their place and they're really homesick. Muse B is their mysterious roommate, who eventually offers to help Muse A adjust. The more time they spend together, the more they realize that they're compatible on a deeper level than just friends.