Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~Raksha's POV~

I stood there, looking at the entrance to the Village Hidden in the Leaves. I haven't been here in years, just like the Sand Village, and it seemed a little weird being back.

KiKi nudged me with her shoulder lightly and smiled,"Come on Raksha. Come say hi to some old friends. We've sure missed you around here. Kekashi sensei included."

Nodding, I followed them into the Village. I looked around the old place. It hadn't seemed to have changed much since I'd last visited.

People stared at me quizzically as I walked behind my friends, examining the village. I couldn't exactly blame them. I had long white hair with black stripes and, well, glowing red eyes. Hard not to notice those...

"Stop staring at her or she'll kill you!" Every yelled at the townsfolk.

They all went back to whatever it was they had been doing beforehand.

"Every, it's ok. I'm used to it. I don't exactly look normal, you know."

"I know. But it's rude for them to just plainly stare at you. I mean, you could kill them, you know. If you wanted to, that is."

I chuckled at that,"Yeah, I could. But I'm not going to just for the fact that they were staring at me out of curiousity or anything else. I may have killed a lot of people, and I probably will in the future as well too, but I'm not just gonna end someone's life because of something so stupid."

She put a hand over her heart and faked sniffled, wiping an invisible tear away from her eye,"You may be a cold blooded killer, Raksha, and you may be a monster, but you have a big heart."

That caused Keeba, me, and KiKi to start laughing.

A crashing sound from behind me brougth everyone to attention. Looking over my shoulder, I seen Naruto-much older now along with Sakura. They were standing there staring at me. I looked down to see the cause of the crashing noise.

They had been carrying some weapons-kuni knives and scrolls mostly-but had seemingly dropped them upon seeing me.

Turning fully to face them, I smiled,"Hey Naruto, Sakura. What's up?"

"Ra-Raksha?" Sakura spoke first.

"Hey." I said once again with a small wave.

Naruto broke out into a full on grin, laughing a bit,"Raksha! It's good to see you! It's been a while."

"Yes, it sure has Naruto."

His eyes became soft,"Are you here for the mission?"

"What mission?"

"Sakura, Kekashi sensei, and I are heading to the Sand Village."

"Why? What happened?"

His eyes widened a bit,"You mean... You don't know?"

"Don't know what!?"

"Raksha," Sakura said softly,"An Akatsuki member named Deidara attacked the Sand Village. He defeated Gaara and then kidnapped him. We're on our way over there now to try and recover him."

My heart plummeted. This is what they were trying to keep from me.

"So then, it's already started." my anger increased by the minute. I should've known theywouldn't keep their end of the deal.

"What has?" KiKi asked gently.

"Their plan. They said that if I joined them, they would spare Gaara and Naruto when the time came. If I had become strong enough, they would take only me instead. Clearly the time has come, but they didn't keep their word."