August 5, 2014

August 5, 2014
Zach's POV

I walked into the bathroom, placing both of my hands onto each side of the sink. I slowly looked up at my reflection, my eyes red and swollen. I laughed at my own embarrassment. "No wonder she left, I'm such a disappointment." More tears escaped, my laughter growing. I was mad.

"Open the door!" A familiar voice called out from outside my room. "I'd rather not." I mumbled, turning my body over to face my bed stand. "Stop being so depressing! We have a show in an hour!" I laughed coldly, "Then find another guitarist because I'm not leaving this room." Brandon sighed, slightly kicking my door. After a couple of minutes of silence I finally stood up. I quickly grabbed the nearest jacket that hung on my door. "You're driving though." Brandon looked up from his phone, smiling once he saw me. "Great, Jesse warned if I didn't get you to come he'd kick me out of the band", He rambled, clearly relieved that I came to my senses.

I swayed back and forth a bit as the music let me into my own escape. "Everything's black, and white, no grey." Jesse sang, walking over to the barriers on the side of the stage. The crowd erupted into cheers. I just simply rolled my eyes, there was grey, there wasn't any black or white, just complete grey. That's all I saw, grey. Finally, the song finished and I couldn't be anymore happier. I quickly set my guitar down and sped walked it out of the stage and into the back.

"I just think that the songs are getting repetitive, we need some more honest material", I complained. Jeremy slowly nodded beside me, "What if we wrote something that most people can and always will relate to?" I scoffed, raising my hand, "What about someone you loved just leaves you?" Jesse sighed, resting his head onto his hand. "Maybe you're onto something. Zachary come with me, we're having a writing session." I rolled my eyes but did as told. "Just don't call me that ever again." The rest of the guys laughed.

"She gave me this complete crap about how I'm stuck in my own alleyway, stuck in the past and not thinking on the future." Jesse nodded, writing it all down. "I think I got it." I nodded, signaling for him to continue. "Alright so the first line can be something like, hmmm, 'If things were different, we were young, skinny dipping, having fun, I remember." I looked up in complete shock. "It's like you read my mind, that's exactly what I'm feeling. All I remember are the good times, which just confuses me." He sighed once more, "Her lost, just help me finish this, we can't just repeat the first line over and over again." I laughed, "We can try." He chuckled, shaking his head, and returning to his notebook.

"I left myself in the alleyway," Jesse finished up, grinning. "Now I understand why Taylor Swift always writes about her breakups." I chuckled a bit, nodding, "It's good writing material. You're welcome by the way", I joked as I walked out, exhaustion hitting me almost instantly. Alleyways, I thought to myself, hmm, I think I understand now.

***
Cheesy, I know but an update is better than nothing, am I right?
Hopefully you guys enjoyed and thanks again for reading!

- 🌾