Chapter 3- Sun Co

After being burned by the scorching sun for hours while looking for supplies, Guns aren't that easy to find. I decided it was time to make a base. Grabbing my little Nine-Millimeter from the old man, I went into a house-in-developement to look for building supplies. I grabbed a hammer and a saw and tossed them in my backpack, then a few sheets of wood in my hand, I began to wall off areas. I barricaded a single house, with a wooden fence a few feet away from the house, so I had access to the yard. I grabbed some extra wood and started carving weapons so I could defend myself quietly. I am surprised I haven't seen the government, especially with all the news reports about soldiers still alive in camps.

       Content with my new camp, I decided to go on a search for survivors. So far I had only seen a few that had already been bit, or were too depressed to go on. I grabbed one of my wooden knives for testing, and my 9-Mil for any extras. Seeing undead roaming around was pretty common. I didn't really get scared by them anymore, but it still never felt right killing them. I stabbed an old woman (Undead) with my knife, and I was content with the force of it. But, when I tried to pull the knife out, the woman fell onto it, stabbing it further into her brain, and breaking the sharpened edge. It was already dusk outside, so I figured I had to move quick. I would go house to house, yelling in, listening for a reply and watching for lurking zombies. I went to the final house, a big, green house on the end of the street, and started looking around. I found a mother an older woman and her husband zombified, trying to get into a room. I made them trip down the stairs and I executed them quickly and quietly. Still hearing noise, I walked upstairs and broke open the door, and I found two younger guys named Jeremy and Zack, Jeremy was 15, Zack almost 13. They had been hiding since their parents got bit by some infected on the street. It took 2 days for them to turn. The whole time their parents were becoming different shades of colors, with a heavy fever each day.

       We all headed back to the compound, and got ready for sleep. I had taken the liberty of going through all the rooms and gathering the blankets, then creating a set of barricades to ensure our safety at night.