Chapter 6 - Sanctionary

I heard a click, and saw the container begin to fall. I dove out of the way as quickly as possible, but the bomb had gone off. It caught me in the shoulder, and Adalynn in her hand. We ran inside and Crazy took a shot at us. As quickly as I could with my injured arm, I grabbed a pistol from the room opposite the one Crazy was in, and started getting ready for what came next. I grabbed a clip and tried loading the 3 bullets from the table into the clip. With the shard still in my shoulder, I couldn't get the bullets to pop into the clip. After about a minute, I got all 3 in. Crazy had started singing, "I'm going to fiiiind youuuuuuu." Hearing his footsteps coming towards me, I hid behind the table and waited for him to come in. He walked in, and the first thing I did was fired one bullet into his brain. Then the other two into his chest just for overkill.

       I was so scared at the time that I didn't know what I was doing, so I just kept pulling the trigger. Then I remembered- Adalynn! I hadn't seen her since I pulled the metal out of her hand, she said she was going to bandage it. I looked through the house, but I couldn't find her. I grabbed Crazy's gun out of his still-warm, dead hands, and headed to look for Adalynn. I saw a zombie eating someone, so I thought the worst. I walked up, and shot it in the head, but it wasn't her. She was still nowhere to be found. Now I was back all alone, by myself again. This is exactly how I was trying to not end up, but of course, It had to happen again.

        I found another girl, Stephanie. She's about 5'8", Hispanic, black hair, generally a beautiful girl. She kept trying to get close to me, but the last girl that tried that had just disappeared. I tried to tell her that, but no matter what, she kept coming back. And the hardest part of it all was that I had feelings for her, but couldn't let her see the real me for fear of her running away. But one day, I told her about my feelings for her, and all about the real me. Turns out that her and I have a lot in common, so we started to get closer and closer. When we went on runs, I put her safety in front of my own, I really care about her. We were on a run, when a zombie grabbed her. I shot it and cut it into pieces, asking her a thousand times if she was alright. Later that day, we were sitting in the compound for a while, when I got up to grab some water, and she pulled me down, and kissed me.