One: Finn meets Sydney

Suggestion: Listen to "Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg and "Out of My League" by Stephen Speaks while reading this.

___________________________________________

Chapter One

Finn's POV

I open the door and grin when I saw that the line at the counter was short. I fall in line immediately. I've been craving for a nice hot Caramel Macchiato for weeks.

My phone rings, earning me glares and looks which I can't really afford right now. I frantically reach into my pocket for my phone. I take out my phone and press answer.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?," Jack asks me from the other line, he sounded sleepy. He probably have just woken up.

"Starbucks,"I tell him nonchalantly.

"You went to Starbucks?,"He asks dramatically, his voice suddenly perking up. "Without me?"

I roll my eyes, Jack could be so clingy most of the time. "Jack, we spent two whole days together. I need some alone time."

He stays silent. I wonder if he already left and forgot to end the call. I'm about to hung up when finally he says,"Okay. Maybe I need some alone time too."

"Clearly."

"You just miss me," he teases.

"No actually," I tell him jokingly. "I'm actually enjoying my time alone and with you not around to spoil it makes it all the more greater."

He laughs, "Yeah, yeah, but we both know you can't stay away from me much longer."

I scoff and he just chuckles.

"Wait, give me a minute to order myself a nice cup of coffee that I deserve," I tell him. Jack starts his countdown and I drop my phone as I quickly turn to the cashier whose jaw almost dropped when she realized who I am. Huh, so she watches our videos...

"One Caramel Macchiato, Hot, Grande,"I tell her and reaching into my pocket for money. I try to ignore her stare. When I look up to give her my payment, she is still staring. I clear my throat and she blinks at me then shakes her head to get my money.

"W-what's your name?," she asks, grabbing a cup and a Sharpie.

I try not to look confused. She and I both now she knows my name.

"Finn." But, hey, look at the bright side Finn, your name will now be spelled correctly by a barista. Yay for improvement.

I bring my phone back to my ear after she tells me to wait.

"You do know that you spent more than one minute," Jack tells me.

"You do know your clingyness is going into extreme levels these days and it's getting quite irritating," I answer back.

Jack just laughs, "Touché."

I grin and look at the counter and see my drink which I grab...until a small hand does the same.

I look up to see a pair of hazel eyes peering at me. Long brown wavy hair falling on her shoulders, pink lips and pale skin. She looks absolutely breathtaking.

"Umm...I'm sorry. This is my drink,"she tells me. But I didn't say anything. I was frozen in my spot, my phone in hand and Jack's voice still ringing into my ears.

"Uhm...Jack, I need to go," I say and hang up.

I don't even know her hand was still on top of mine until she removes it. I quickly longed for her touch again...and I didn't even know why.