27

I dream that I am in Nevex, the clan of entertainment. Minions swarm the place, breaking through doors of theaters, night clubs, and casinos, ripping their prey apart and then moving onto the next.

The people manage a little fight but it's hopeless. I must save them.

Then I remember what I did yesterday. I slip into the mind of the nearest minions a built a blockade around its mind, blocking out its killer instincts. I slip out of its mind as a man beheads it with its sword.

I do this for hours, slipping in and out of minions heads, building the barricade, and they freeze.

Mercifully the people don't get confused when minions stop moving, they just take action.

After a while the fight looks like it's leaning toward the Grounders victory instead of Arosi's.

Soon the battle is over, and no live minions remain. About two hundred Grounders are still alive.

Arosi's voice echoes through the clan. I can feel your presence here, Alaric Constantine. Nice job saving your clan, but you will not win. Nevex is not an important gain to me anyway. The training field in Verro has been overrun. My minions have instincts that will get them into the clan to slaughter anyone. Beware Grounders, my minions will be the least of your worries when I break free from my chains!

I wake in a cold sweat, my nerves buzzing with anxiety. Hearing the Dragon's voice again did not do good things for me.

We lie at the bottom of the pit, but the ground curves straight into another tunnel.

I sit up. The others are still unconscious. I need to time alone anyway.

I hug my knees to my chest, vainly trying to stifle the shaking of my entire body.

Hearing Arosi's voice did bad things to me.

***
A/N: sorry for the short chapter guys, it just had to happen that way!