Chapter 12

Song of the chapter: Bryson Tiller - Exchange

****************************************
"Lord please save her for me, do this one favor for me"
                     -Bryson Tiller
****************************************
Xander POV

I stared at her unmoving peaceful face, her eyelids were like curtains covering her beautiful eyes that I craved to see. Her dark chocolate skin felt smooth under my shaky finger tips.

I caressed her cheek watching as her chest would rise and fall after each breath that would exhale past her full lips. She was beautiful, past all the bruises that covered her body.

I stopped caressing her cheek, running my hand through my messy hair. It's been five days since the accident and I haven't moved from her bedside since then. My mom has begged me to at least eat something but the guilt inside me won't allow it.

The sound of a knock on the door made me remove my gaze away from her face towards the door, only to see Leo. A frown was on his face as he stared at Lana, his fists clenching and unclenching as he looked over her bruises.

"How are you holding up?" He asked me as he took a seat in one of the chairs near the door.

"I'm fine.." I croaked as I rubbed my face stressfully.

"You shouldn't blame yourself Xander" he said as he leaned back in his chair.

I stayed silent staring at the clock on the plain wall, it was 2:00pm.

"Eat" he said as he threw me a bag of skittles,which landed gracefully in my lap.

"I'm not hungry-"

"Don't start with the "I'm not hungry" shît, everyone's worried Xander" Leo shouted as he abruptly stood up from the chair.

I ignored him as he continued to rant on about my petty guilt, my gaze was focused only on Lana's peaceful one.

"For fück sake Xander! You always seem to push us away when we try to help you, always doing this petty shït when all we want to do is help"

"This stuff all happened after Rebecca died and you're still not the same after her death" he shouted as he took a step towards me.

Realisation struck Leo hard as his once angry face contorted into regret but it was to late as I snapped.

"Xander, I'm sor-" he spoke

I rushed over towards him my chair falling back in the process,as I grabbed the collar of his shirt my hand reaching up to send a punch into his face, only for my punch to stop halfway when I was pulled off of Leo.

My dad and Antonio held me back as anger took over me. I glared hard at Leo as he stared right back at me guilt and regret covering his features.

"Don't ever bring up her name ever again" I spat as I released myself from their grip before swaying towards the door.

"Why, huh? She's our sister!" Leo retorted making me glare at him bitterly.

"Leonardo!!" My dad said sternly

"Xander please" my mom said but I was already out the door, slamming it in the process making passers by stare at me in the hallway.

I gave them looks which made fear reflect through their eyes as they would make eye contact with the ground instead or look forward.

I made my way towards the hospital cafeteria passing random people on the way before I finally arrived at the cafeteria. There wasn't that much people which I liked very much.

I lazily dangled the packet of skittles in my hand as I walked over towards a vacant table in the corner of the cafeteria. As I opened the packet after being seated at the square table people started to crowd the food court unfortunately.

Tables started to fill up fast and soon enough there was none left. I gave glares to anyone who even thought about remotely coming near me making passers by turn in the other direction.

As I ate my skittles a shadow cast over me making me look up only to see a petite brunette, a seductive smile on her face making me cringe.

She sat across me unfortunately not understanding that I didn't want anyone near my territory.

"Hey" she drawled out biting her lip making me roll my eyes as I looked out the window.

"Excuse me babe, I'm talking to you" she squeaked

Rolling my eyes I stood up taking my skittles with me, giving the girl a sneer before leaving the cafeteria.

"Jerk!" I heard her screech but I only ignored her as I opened the double doors and exited the loud cafeteria.

And as soon as I left the bustling cafeteria my mind wandered to the bruised sleeping beauty in her hospital bed.
-

Lana's POV

I felt cold

Alone

I was afraid

I felt like I was floating  in oblivion of eternal darkness as I couldn't see anything except for the tiny glimmer of light which was in far reach.

Someone help me

-

Hey guys
I hope you enjoy this update
I know it's short but I just didn't want you guys to wait to long so here it is

-Rio