Chapter 39

Song of the Chapter: Bryson Tiller: Right my wrongs

Lana's POV

"Xander!" I shouted chasing after him.

I watched as he continued to storm down the long driveway, fuming silently while ignoring my pleas for him to slow down.

"Xander!" I called again, finally catching up to him.

I quickly stood in front of him placing both of my hands on his chest to stop him from moving any further. He gave me a hard glare which I ignored, I knew he wasn't happy with what was going on but that doesn't mean he can just act cold towards me.

"Lana move" he demanded but I stood my ground.

I wasn't going anywhere.

"Look, Xander what happened back there was out of control but it's in the past now, and I get that you're angry but there is no point in you acting cold towards me when all I want to do is help"I pursed my lips tightly when he continued to glare at me.

"I have no clue what either of you were saying, but that slap your father gave you meant that you triggered him. So please can you just explain to me what happened?" I said.

"It doesn't matter, it's in the past now" he spoke sourly.

"Xander-"

"What Lana!? What do you fucking want? You want me to pour out my fucking feelings to you about this issue, huh, is that what you want?" He fumed.

"Xander" I said.

"No, this isn't something that we can all put in the past, this isn't a problem that we can ignore and sit down by the fucking camp fire being all kumbaya and shit." he spat.

"Then what's the problem then? I don't speak riddles Xander, how am I supposed to help you if you keep- if you keep acting like this!" I exclaimed.

It was silent for what felt like forever, until Xander spoke.

"

Just leave me alone, all this bullshit is giving me a headache and to be honest I'm sick of it-" he scoffed.

"What bullshit?" My eyes widened." You mean to tell me that you think all of this- is bullshit, me being taken advantage of, this whole commotion with your gang, the problem that you and your dad are having,me parading into your home is bullshit and it's giving you a headache" I barked.

I'm not going to even lie but I knew I was overreacting. But could you blame me? It was getting quite frustrating having to deal with Xander, so I couldn't help but go on a mini rant.

His eyes softened when he noticed the tears brimming my eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall. I've cried enough already. He attempted to pull me into his chest but I rejected his wandering hands away.

"Lana listen-" he tried to take another step towards me.

"Forget it Xander, I get it you're not comfortable about this whole situation, so there's no point in me forcing you to tell me anything." I said taking a step back.

"Lana I'm sorry" I shook my head ignoring his apology.

"Tell me when you're ready to talk about it, I'm not gonna bother to do this whole back and forth shouting match" I said.

He pursed his lips tightly eyeing me while I took a few retreating steps back.

"Bye Xander" I turned my back on him and walked towards the house once again.

-
Sorry guys for the short chapter
It's just that I've been studying really hard for my exams which is starting next week.

I'll try my best to update soon you guys.

-Rio