04| l a u g h

C H A P T E R F O U R
=> l a u g h
|lily|

He was a secretive boy.

Lily didn't like secrets. She like figuring things out, knowing and learning. He was a puzzle, even at the age of thirteen. She heard from Sirius that Regulus's birthday was in January, today to be exact.

She found him siting on the steps to the entrance door, a book settled in his lap and something hot in a cup next to him.

"Sirius told me it was your birthday," she said, settling next to him.

Regulus looked up from his book and raised a dark eyebrow. "Did he now?"

She knew what he meant: you talk about me? "I just wanted to say happy birthday, Regulus. And give you a small present."

"A present?" He asked, surprised. "Why would you do that?"

She smiled at him and pulled out a piece of muggle paper from her pocket. She handed it to him and waited from the boy to open it.

He looked sceptical at first but then opened it, reluctantly. It was a drawing.

It was a beautiful drawing of, "A lion?"

She laughed and decided to explain it a bit more. "Regulus is the brightest star in the Leo constellation, right? Regulus is the Heart of a Lion. It's a lions head in a heart because don't the hearts look that same? It's blue and white too because that's the colour of Regulus."

He smiled and it was the second time she had ever seen it. Lily didn't understand why he didn't smile often, since Regulus had a charming and beautiful one. It made him look happier.

"I like it," he finally spoke after a couple minutes of silence. "This is probably the best present ever."

——————————