12| g i f t

C H A P T E R  T W E L V E
=> g i f t
|lily|

It came as a shock to her when Regulus Black walked up to her in the very busy corridor with a smile and a wrapped box in his hand.

"Red," he smirked, pulling her off to the side. She followed him, eyes wide and mind running. She liked the nickname.

"What's up, Regulus?" She asked, trying not to let herself swoon on how handsome he looked whilst smirking.

But then he stopped smirking. Regulus replaced it with a small, lopsided smile and handed her the box. "Happy Birthday, Red."

She nearly dropped her books in shock. How did he know? Sirius, probably. It's the most likely way. She glanced down at the red and silver wrapping paper and smiled. "You didn't have to do this, you know."

He shrugged, still smiling. "You didn't have to do it for the last two years, too."

She when he handed her the box, she took it without complaint. Lily pulled the silver bow and pulled off the lid. Oh my god...

Inside was a beautiful necklace. On it was a small cauldron and two books on either side. The chain itself was silver but the books were red and the cauldron green, just like her eyes. She lifted up the charm and turned it around in her fingers. Right there, written in calligraphy, was her name in silver. Lily Evans. And right underneath was Red.

It was the best birthday present ever.

She looked up, the biggest smile on her face, but he was gone.

It didn't stop her from smiling.

***********************************