Chapter 6

Emma was silent the whole drive to the police station, she cursed Fin for getting her in this situation and leaving Regina on her own when she needed looking after. When they arrived at the station, she was lead from the car straight to a room where she was patted down for weapons or drugs. Once that ordeal was over she was taken to an interview room where her cuffs were taken off one wrist and fastened to the table so she couldn't make her escape; not that she was planning to.

"I want my phone call," she said to Detective Harold when she walked in.

The blonde detective unlocked the handcuffs and lead Emma to her own office where she made a phone call to the only lawyer she knew.

"Regina Mills speaking," Regina said as soon as she answered the phone.

"It's Emma."

"Emma, are you okay? Have you been questioned yet? Why are you calling me?"

"You're my one phone call. I know I shouldn't be calling you, but I need your help."

"I'm already on my way over. Don't answer any questions until I get there, okay?"

"Okay."

With that the phone call was over and Emma was lead back to the interview room and Detective Harold sat on the other side of the table with a file in front of her. She briefly looked through the file before looking up at Emma.

"I'm not answering any questions until my lawyer is here," Emma said, folding her arms.

"That's fine, we can wait."

***

Seven blocks from the police station, Regina was hailing a taxi with her phone glued to her ear. She just finished her brief conversation with Emma, and was now on the phone with her assistant.

"Kate, I need you to tell the firm that I cannot take on any more cases at the minute. And I need you to find people to take over my other three cases."

"Why? You never ask people to take your cases."

"Because, okay. Something came up, they're lucky I'm even working right now," she said quickly. When a cab pulled over she climbed in and told the driver her destination before turning her attention back to her phone conversation. "I don't care what you tell them, just make sure they know. If anyone calls with a case, it goes straight to someone else, okay."

"Okay, Ms. Mills. Is there anything else you need me to do?"

"Just be ready in case I call you."

10 minutes later and her cab was pulling up outside the station. She handed the money over to the driver and walked briskly into the building, she saw that the woman at the desk was on the phone. When she listened she realized it was a social call she took the handset from her and put it onto the receiver.

"Oi," the receptionist said. "What do you think -"

"Emma Swan, where is she?"

The brunette looked through some files before looking back to an intimidating Regina, "She's in an interview room, you can wait if you wanna."

"I'm her lawyer, idiot. Which room?"

"Three."

Regina knew the station like the back of her hand, she had been here too many times for her own liking. A few officers stared at her as she marched towards interview room three. Before she opened the door, she saw the determined look on Emma's face but when she walked through the door she saw the blondes features soften at the sight of her.