Leo First - Leo's POV

After thanking Master Splinter I head to Donnie's lab. There I find Mikey crying and Donnie comforting him. I want to comfort both of them but I know as much as they want me to, they don't want me to.
Raph doesn't look any better than he did before. In fact he looks worse. Donnie's got him all patched up and there's a machine he's hooked up to that gives us his heart rate. It's very slow, almost seems too slow. But it's moving. He's alive.
          Pulling up a chair I sit next to my sick brother, grasping his cold hand in mine.
          "I'm never letting go Raph... Never."
          Mikey and Donnie walk over to me, Mikey's eyes are all puffy and swollen and red, Donnie has managed to keep himself more together, on the outside that is. Standing in front of my brothers I will accept whatever fait they decide for me. And I exhale a sigh of relief as Mikey plunges into me, flying into a fit of tears again and Donnie follows. I cry too, hugging my brothers.
          We are so caught up in our grief that we almost don't here the weak raspy familiar voice speak. In fact, at first I think I imagine it. But then...
          "Why are y'all crying? Geez did ya cry-babies watch the Bridge ta Tarabithia again?" I smile at the sound of my younger brothers voice. It's weak. So very weak and speaks with much effort and hurt. But beautiful and enlightening non the less.
          "RAPH!" We yell and as Donnie and Mikey rush immediately to his side, I stand back in shame and torture of the mess I've caused him. Mikey envelopes himself around Raph and he groans as Mikey squeezes too tight.
          "Uh... Mike sorry buddy do ya mind not squeezin' so tight?" Mikey looks at Raph a moment.
          "Sorry Raphie... I didn't mean to..." Mikey's eyes tear up again.
          "Hey Mike it's all good don't worry bout it kay? I'm fine, I'm fine..." But as Raph says this his breathing becomes heavier and his eyes roll back in his head.
          "Raph we uh... Look we needed you to wake up so we could operate. We can't do it while your asleep you may have spasms and they are uncontrollable when you are sleeping, if you are awake, you might move just as much but you can talk to us and we can talk to you and help keep you still. You've got pieces of your plastron stuck deep inside you and if we don't get it out soon you could die from it." Donnie's voice breaks at the word-die-as he informs Raph, but he also informs me for the first time. This must have been why they we crying so hard and a mix of everything else.
          Raph just looks away a moment, taking a deep breath. I know he's scared. When he looks back, what he says takes us all by surprise, "I want Leo first."