Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Benson hops out with a force of nature. Eva's mess displayed between us and Benson's got that backpack again. Holding what appears to me the Swiss-army-knife of gun barrels.

A good fifteen barrels later, "Sunflower." I'm introduced to his gun.

"Nice job on those helicopters!" says Eva.

Benson grins, "That was fast right?" he says, watching his step over one of Eva's victims. "Meet Misses sunflower." he repeats as we form a huddle.

"I'm sure someone here's got to talk"

"After what we just did?" says, Eva.

After what the two of you just did, I think to myself.

"There are more inside but maybe if Eva and I go through the roof," I look at Eva, speaking in question.

She agrees saying, "I could unlock the door and no one's up on the rooftop."

Eva soars still a part of the conversation somehow, "Hold it!" she yells over my shoulder and a good fifteen feet in the air. After a peak over the cars on the parking lot, she swoops back down to us, and gives Benson a look, "There're more coming from the side door, but you could take them! Danny!" she calls, flapping to flight, "Let's go this way. . . . Let's go!" she yells taking off in the opposite direction with a flap of her wings, and inclines over the HoverBolt. Benson runs passed me and toward the crowd that could be heard fussing and incoming.

"Go with her!" says Benson. I do and take off, "If anything I'll meet you guys up there!" he yells.

We fly in a U-turn to avoid being spotted by anyone inside the warehouse, which was good because we could see if anyone was coming at us from the North. That'll be a bad thing if they got to the HoverBolt. We'd be left stranded "In and out," I meditate. Franklin Street goes on for miles. And- no one could be seen coming this way for miles. We did the U-turn to keep from being spotted by anyone who'd be looking through the window of the warehouse. But now I was sure we had a few minutes.

Coming down steeply, I zoom by Eva and land close to the railing. Like a spider cautiously making contact with the roof floor.

There's two, doors, on each corner. There's a steel square further away on the floor to my left, with hendges, and diagonal: to the regular upright door, to my right. I walk over, rifle in hand.

Behind Me, Benson could be heard pumping fireworks into sheet metal as Eva lands in front of me without hesitating she works her magic from behind her huge wings, and we're in.