A song for Aoi

Oh god. I don't even know where to start. I'm really sorry for being extremely late with this chapter, it took a while and for many reasons, but here it is. I will continue it even if it takes forever, and thanks for sticking with this story for so long. Love you all ~Ayesee (:

___________

Aoi's POV

'Oh, that looks pretty,' I said, my eyes flickering as I caught sight of a silver necklace. Natsu looked at me and then to the necklace, before opening the store's case and picking it up. Wow. It was expensive as well.

'A blue moon?' Natsu questioned curiously, staring at the intricate pattern on the blue moon pendant. A wave of nostalgia rushed at me, and I found myself unconsciously smiling. 'Aoi?' Natsu asked.

'It's just that this necklace's pendant reminds me of something,' I explained. 

'OH! CAN YOU TELL ME?' he asked excitedly. I pouted in response, pretending to think about it just to tease him. He looked at me with big, wide eyes and a pleading face, so it took me a milisecond to give in.

'Okay okay!' I muttered, convincing myself not to pinch those adorable cheeks. Natsu gave a grin of satisfication and waited in anticipation. 'Well, back when I was younger and still had Fukuron, my dragon,' I started out, my chest edgy from the mention of Fukuron's name. 'Once or twice a year, the moon would look blue from our cave. I would check at night and wish for blue light to envelope my vision,' my eyes twinkling from the memory. 

Natsu opened his mouth in awe and nodded for me to go on. 'Well, Fukuron noticed me one day looking up at the moon in excitement, only to be disappointed when it turned out white. She said to me "child, what is wrong?" I complained to Fukuron that the blue moon didn't come out. She simply smiled at me and said "it could be  a good omen." I bawled at her, asking why I didn't get good luck signs everyday, and Fukuron who was full of wisdom said to me: maybe you have so much luck that the moon doesn't have enough power to remind you everyday,' I said, my memories taking over my words.

'Those words were etched in my mind and I would never forget them,' I completed, ending the story and the ongoing rush of memories. Natsu clapped at the end of my story drammatically and in an over-the-top sort of fashion, so I answered by playfully punching his shoulder with rolled eyes. 

'Your dragon must have loved you a lot,' he commented, picking up the pendant and examining it, before putting it back down. I nodded. 'But not as much as I love you,' he said, turning and grinning at me. I gaped at him before blushing and punching him hard unconsciously. 

'W-WHA-?' I stuttered, not knowing what to say. 

'OW! Gosh, is it that bad for me to confess?' Natsu muttered, rubbing his shoulder with a pout. 

'Only when you say it all of a sudden!' I retorted, the embarrassment unleaving. Natsu continued to sulk, but he eventually gave in to my light apologies. We left the store, and looked around for more. 

We walked through the crowd, Natsu occasionally stopping to look through windows in stores at figurines and trivial things. It amused me seeing how excited he looked as he pointed out something that caught his attention.