The People Who Live Here Are Weird

Genre: Fluff

Rating:PG-13

Warnings:swearing, jerk boyfriends

Dan lived in the worst flat. The walls were super thin and it was small. Dan lived their with his boyfriend, Caleb. Dan and Caleb had been dating for two years. Dan wasn't sure why they were still dating. Caleb was horrible, he was always working or drunk. Plus when he was home, he was a horrible person.

Phil lived in the flat next to Dan. He could hear everything from his flat. Phil felt bad for Dan. Plus he had a small crush on his neighbor. Dan and Phil had met a couple times. Phil thought that Dan was amazing and super nice. Phil knew that he didn't deserve to have the mean words spat at him by the person who is supposed to love him. Phil was sitting on his bed, he was reading a book he had bought himself. 

"Damn it Dan, I'm not made of money." The devil said. Phil groaned and went to grab his earbuds.

"If you didn't spend money on beer, you would have enough. But the fridge is broken and I can't pay to get it fixed by myself." Dan said. Phil put his earbuds down. He leaned his ear closer to the wall.

"Well how about you go to work then, you lazy ass." Satan said. Phil heard silence. "I'm going out." Phil could hear Dan crying. Phil grabbed his phone and pulled up a website for a appliance repair company.

Dan woke up and went into the bathroom. Caleb wasn't home of course. Dan looked at his bloodshot eyes. He sighed and heard someone knock on the door. Dan walked to the door and opened it. A man with a repair company jumpsuit on was standing there.

"Are you Dan Howell?" The man asked.

"Y-yeah." Dan said.

"I'm here to fix your fridge."  The man said.

"But I didn't hire anyone." Dan said. 

"No, someone else did. He also paid. Seems like you have your own guardian angel." The man said.

"It seems so." Dan said. 

_________

The repair man, who name Dan found out was Gabriel, left around noon. Dan had learned about Gabriel's family and would be having dinner soon with Gabriel and his wife, Sam. Dan went to the mailboxes after Gabriel left. 

"Fridge working?" A voice next to Dan said. Dan jumped and turned to face Phil.

"Oh yeah. Someone sent a repair guy." Dan said.  Phil smiled and closed his mailbox door.

"That's cool." Phil said. The two were quiet for a moment. "You know, if you ever want someone to talk to, I'm right next door." Phil said.

"Why would I talk to you? I'm fine." Dan said. 

"Dan I just-" Phil started.

"No fuck off Phil. You don't know anything." Dan said. 

"Okay." Phil muttered. He walked  back up to his flat. Phil just wanted to help. Dan hit his head with his hand. 

"Great job Dan." Dan muttered to himself. "Push away the one person who can help." Dan walked back upstairs and looked at the mail. There were bills and such. Dan had no idea how he would pay them all. He was working a crappy job at a music store, and his boyfriend worked for this insane entertainment company. 

______________

Phil fixed his tie as he stepped into his office. Thoughts about Dan ran over any others. He was worried about his neighbor. Phil looked out the window and smiled. From his office he could see most of the city. Phil  was probably one of the wealthiest men in the city, he owned a huge entertainment company that his mother owned and got passed down to her by her father. Phil loved his job but didn't want to be seen as rich. He lived in his creepy flat for a reason. Phil needed to talk to one of his employee's.