Chapter Twenty

•JOSH'S POV•

I walk into her room and she's still in the same position. I take a seat beside her and grab her hand. I expect her to squeeze my hand but I know she won't. I take a deep breath and start talking, "Melanie, the day after you were taken from New York I went to New York. I searched for you for a year. I couldn't think if life without you beside me. I know we have never dated. But man do I want to. I've known you since we were two years old and we were neighbors. We grew up together. I helped you through all you hard breakups even though I just wanted to fill the void in your heart with mine. We did everything together. We may have fought once or twice but we always made up. Now, seeing you like this just makes me think I've lost all my chances at loving you. You've been through hell. Your parents and family were ripped away from you. Now, you are laying here in a coma. Dying slowly, but aren't we all dying slowly. So many people have betrayed you or are betraying you now. But just know deep down inside that I will never betray you. You have always been my first love, I may have had my share of girlfriends but that was my way of trying to make you jealous, guess it didn't work. Even if you don't feel the same way, just know I have always loved you and I always will!" Tears start spilling from my eyes. I go to release her hand, kiss her cheek and leave the room, but something unexpected happens. Her fingers entwine into mine.