Chapter Nine

*DREAM* I'm lying on the floor and I see a door open. I get up and try to run only to find myself chained to a pole. I start to kick and thrash when I feel a pain in my back. It's hot, like burning. I start to smell smoke. I see Victoria standing in the doorway laughing. Why is she laughing? She's my friend, or at least was my friend. I begin to scream her name over and over. But I just burn to death. All I can smell is my burning flesh; all I can hear is her laughter.

I feel lips against my forehead and wake to find josh lying beside me. It was just another stupid nightmare. "Nightmare?" Josh asks rubbing my arm. "Yeah." I say wiping sweat off my head. "You want to talk about it?" Josh asks. "Not now." I say.

I start staring at my fingernails and see paint underneath them. I pick at my nails trying to get the paint off. "Did you paint this?" Josh asks pointing to the canvas. "Yeah, I couldn't sleep." I say. "Is this the cellar?" He asks. "Yeah." I say quietly, all the memories flooding back.

Josh lies back on the bed and rubs my arm to soothe. "Try to sleep, you can sleep for a few more hours." Josh says quietly. "No, I can't sleep. You sleep. I'll paint." I say getting up. "You sure?" He asks. "Yeah sleep." I say. "Wake me if you need to talk or need something!" He says. I nod my head and grab a new canvas and paints.