Chapter Seven

Josh's Point Of View

I wake up to screaming. I get out of bed and head to Melanie’s room. I open the door slowly and see her thrashing, kicking and screaming. I go up to her and gently stroke her cheek.

Her eyes fly open and she calms when she sees me. “Melanie, you’re okay, I’m here.” I say. I wrap my arms around her and rub her back. She’s crying hard and I see a thin layer of sweat on her forehead. “ I’m sorry I probably woke you.” She says. “Don’t apologize. You’ve been hell these last three years; I understand that you’re having nightmares. I’m here for you.” I say.

I lie back on the bed and she lies back to. My arms are around her protectively almost as if my grip pushed the nightmares away. “Do you want me to stay with you tonight?” I ask. “Please.” She says. She leans her head against my chest and falls asleep. Sooner or later I find sleep and I wake up to her kicking and thrashing again.

“Mel, its ok.” I say. “Josh.” She says. “Yes?” I ask. “I’m scared that I’m going to be kidnapped again.” She says. “I won’t let that happen and besides they are dead the police killed them.” I say. She lets out a heavy sigh. “Thank you for being here for me. I know I’m probably a pain.” She says. “You’re not a pain. I’m just glad to have you back in my life.” I say. I kiss her forehead and she puts her head on my chest again. She doesn’t fall asleep again we just lie there. The sun comes up and we head downstairs for some coffee. We sit at table and drink coffee and talk.