Chapter Twenty - Two

•JOSH'S POV•

When her fingers entwine with mine I let out a gasp. I wipe the tears from my eyes and kiss her hand. I press the nurses button on the side of the bed and a nurse runs in. "Is something wrong?" The nurse asks frantically. "No, her hand it moved. She's moving!" I say. "I'll get dr. Drake!" She says and leaves the room. Dr. Drake comes in with his clipboard and comes over. "I'm going to check her vitals see if she is responding." He says. He opens one eye at a time and shines as light in them. He checks her breathing. Her pulse. "Well josh, it seems that she is responding. She is responding to your voice. You might be able to coax her out of this coma." He says. "So continue talking. She could awaken at any minute." He says leaving the room. I sit back down. "Come on Mel! Wake up! I need to see your eyes. To see your smile. I need you to talk to me! I need you! Wake up, I know you can!" I say. I keep repeating that over and over again. I call Connor, "come to Mel's room!" I say and hang up the phone. Connor comes in with coffee. He is carrying white roses and balloons. I smile at his sweetness. "What's going on josh?" Connor asks. "She's responding. We might be able to coax her out of the coma. Talk to her, help me!" I say. Connor smiles and starts to say "come on Mel! I know you can do this! Wake up we need you!" We continue this for about an hour. Then it happens!