Chapter Fifteen

•Josh's POV•

Melanie's been gone for a while but she was catching up with Victoria. I just finished eating dinner. Connor and I go down to the movie room and flip on Transformers. In the middle of the movie the phone starts ringing.

"Hello?" I say into the phone. "Is this Josh Hutcherson?" The person on the other line says. "Yes, may I ask who's speaking?" I ask. "Um this is Detective Arthur with the Union PD. You are the emergency contact." Detective Arthur says. "Emergency contact for who?" I ask. "For a Miss Melanie Peterson." He says. "What happened to Melanie?" I ask. Worry rushes threw me. "Mr. Hutcherson can you come down to Union Medical Center immediately? Melanie needs you." He says.

Tears form in my eyes. I just got her back.. "Yes, I'll be there as soon as possible." I say. I hang up the phone and wipe the tears from my eyes. "What's wrong josh?" Connor asks. "You need to drive me to Union Medical Center now!" I say. "Ok, what's going on?" He asks. "It's Mel!" I say.

 Connor jumps up from the couch and runs up the stairs. I grab my coat and run to the car. Connor is already waiting. I jump in and we speed to the Medical Center. Please let Melanie be okay!