Chapter 4: The Truth

Loki wanted answers. He was lifting the Casket. "STOP!" A voice belched. It was Odin. "Am I cursed?" Loki asked desperately as he placed the Casket down. "No", Odin answered. "What am I?" Loki rumbled. "You're my son". Odin stated sincerly. Loki turned around and, his face was blue with piercing red eyes, but it faded away. "What more than that?", Loki growled. "The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day was it?" he said fiercly as he was walking towards Odin. There was silence for a moment. "No, in the aftermath of the battle I went into the temple, and I found a baby... small for a giant's offspring, abandoned, suffering, left to die... Laufey's son." Odin explained. Loki was feeling betrayed, he was upset. "Laufey's son?". He said with shock. "Yes". Odin said with guilt. "Why?, you were knee deep in Jotun blood, why would you take me?" Loki asked demandingly. "You were an innocent child". "No, you took me for a purpose, what was it?", Loki kept asking questions. "TELL ME!" He shouted. "I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day, bring about an alliance, bring about permanent peace, through you." Odin stated. "Wha..." Loki whispered with confusion. "But those plans no longer matter". Odin added. "So I'm no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me". Loki was getting upset. "Why do you twist my words?". Odin said. "You could've told me what I was from the beginning, why didn't you?!" "You're my son, I wanted to only protect you from the truth". Odin answered innocently. "What because I-I-I'm the monster who parents tell their children about at night." "You know, it all makes sense now, why you favoured Thor, all these years because no matter HOW MUCH YOU CLAIMED TO LOVE ME! You could never have a frost giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!". Loki exclaimed with anger. Odin had collapsed to the ground with Loki feeling broken inside. He placed his hand on Odin's. "GUARDS! GUARDS PLEASE HELP!" Loki yelled helplessly. The guards came barging through the doors.

I rushed see what has happened, I walked through to where the situation was. I was gobsmacked "Loki?" I questioned with worry. Loki's face was tear stained. "Athena, I-I-I don't know what happened, he-he just collapsed." Loki stuttered. I could see Odin was still breathing. "I know what's happened to him?" I said to Loki. "What?" He asked sounding desperate. "He's in the Odin Sleep". I stated. I couldn't describe Loki's face. "Loki". He looked at me with such sincerity. "Whatever happens, you'll get through this, even if you hate me or not, I'll be here for you." I said, touching his arm gently. We both smiled at eachother. Loki walked out as the guards took Odin away to his chambers.

I don't know why but I had very bad intuitions, that something was going to happen but I don't know what it was. My heart raced for a few seconds and then went away. Even though Thor is banished, I knew that he is coping on Earth, but he does miss home very much.